𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈, 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHRISSY ADMITTED TO HERSELF ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT SHE REALLY HATED THAT SHE HAD NO CONTACT WITH THE PEOPLE THAT SHE ONCE CARED ABOUT

Beyond the way that she desired the love back into her life, the comfort and support. It had been a week since she'd seen anyone that she wanted to. Chrissy hated that she was so isolated from them.

She was protected, but Chrissy hadn't come out of her new room for much of anything during that week she was there. She just couldn't bring herself to. She saw the ghost of unknown people all around her, the face of her abuser in the corner whenever she was on the brink of falling asleep. Food was hard to stomach after her time in Volterra and Canada. It could be taken away at any point in time.

Things had indeed died down in the eyes of everyone else. She hadn't heard a peep from anyone. Chrissy even considered letting that man, Aro, get her memories so something could happen. He was still out there, perhaps hurting other girls in an attempt to get back at Chrissy and River or just for his sick pleasure.

The monster that lurked in the icy plains of Canada was still there. He stayed there whenever he could, even if there were other houses. That would explain the short periods of time that he left them inside. Chrissy felt delirious trying to put together whether or not her fears were warranted. In all honesty, she was on the verge of going mad with the idea that she could be taken again. Any chance of being taken brought her to the point where if she pondered it too long, she'd vomit.

Lack of connection with those who she adored, truly loved and needed to say sorry to, was doing wonders to plunge her mental health back into the gutter where it used to lay. Like a corpse, she didn't want to leave her bed, almost stuck to it like glue. Chrissy was becoming dead, more so every day that those who had formed a spark with her did not force her out of that room.

Chrissy heard things when the door to her room was open, though. Jacob was leaving today, or just going over to the Cullen House. Apparently there was a terrifying vampire after Bella. God, Chrissy didn't like the sound of her, but she knew what that felt like.

"We should get her up and ready to leave with Emily and the others," a man said outside of her door. "Who knows if Victoria will attack our imprints if she finds out we're helping the bloodsuckers. They're fucking vicious and vindictive and Emily-"

"-Sam, Emily will be okay. Chrissy will be okay. There is nowhere more safe than Forks we can send the two of them to. We can't separate the little one from her Mom," Jacob tried to reason. "Unless we sent all of them to Italy, to be housed by the Volturi. I doubt anyone would look for them there."

"That vampire that took your imprint already took her from there," Sam said back. "He would take them hostage."

"Andrei doesn't search places twice. That's what Chrissy said in her sleep yesterday. It's the best option, if we're moving them, but honestly I don't think we should." Chrissy heard Jacob sigh from just right beyond the doorway. "Leah can stay here and guard the imprints. She's strong."