𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈, 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒

THE VAMPIRE KING TOOK TEN PACES BACK BEFORE GULPING, SCARED TO DEATH BY THE OVERGROWN WOLF

If Carlisle had told him that there were wolves in these forests he would have never come here. Aro probably would have told him to go fuck himself and sent a few of his best guards to deal with Victoria and this asshole, rather than himself.

Ever since dealing with the Children of the Moon, Aro had been abnormally horrified by wolves. Sure, they were not the same, but the idea of them still was a terrifying thing for the ancient vampire.

This was no Child of the Moon, Aro would have been comfortable running away if it had been. He had no idea what this massive wolf was, though, or if it listened to reason. Surely he would have been notified by someone if there were rabid massive wolves in the middle of Washington State. There would have been cryptid legends of them from humans.

This was why Aro was never invited to Forks, then, why nobody had been visiting Carlisle in the past hundred years. This was rediculous, why did Carlisle need to make his home in a place like this if there were... wolves. Was Carlisle becoming like his self-righteous son? That would be horrible if true, and Aro really didn't want to start analyzing with this creature in front of him.

He was wholly unprepared for this, seeing this near monster in front of him. If a human thought vampires were terrifying, what would they think of this creature. Yet there had been no stories coming back to Volterra about a new species.

"I will be on my way," Aro whimpered out, trying to take a few more steps back. The wolf growled loudly and the man stopped immediately. "I only wish to get back to the house. Uhm, I did not mean to encroach on your territory."

This seemed to calm down the wolf for a moment.

Aro laughed awkwardly, trying to take more steps backwards. "Yes, uh, I will not be coming into your forests again. You will have no problems from me, I assure you. I am not from here-"

Another wolf came from the side, meaning he could not move back anymore. Aro really hated the idea of potentially being torn apart, the last time that had happened he hated the process of being put back together. The whole thing just sucked, and beyond that he was just terrified of these things.

The wolf at his side was smaller than the one that was now coming towards him again, sniffing the air.

"I swear, I will leave if you give me the chance to. I will make sure nobody else from my Coven ventures into these parts." Aro still wasn't sure what these wolves wanted, if they wanted to eat him or just analyze him. "Do you speak-? Or are you just wolves? Very large ones?"

Perhaps them just being wolves would have made more sense than the smaller one at his side turning into what appeared to be a teenage boy not much older physically than Alec.

"Oh- well, that is interesting," Aro sputtered as the large wolf got much too close for his comfort. He was relieved when the boy put a hand out to stop the wolf from coming any closer.