𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

THIRTY MINUTES AFTER BEING PLACED IN AN OVERLY LUXURIOUS ROOM ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE CLOCK TOWER, I TOOK OUT MY PHONE TO CHECK IF I HAD ANY MESSAGES FROM BEFORE I GOT MYSELF DRAGGED INTO THIS MESS.

I wasn't surprised to find multiple texts, many of which were from Chrissy. Shit, I promised I would text her every hour I was outside to make sure I didn't get kidnapped. She must be worried sick!

Chrissy has made sure I've been okay for the past few months. So when she texted me saying that she's coming to Volterra to find me, there was no shock or harm to her words. In a sense, I should have already known what was going to happen.

Because our breakup, things got rough. And when I mean rough, I mean really disgustingly jagged. I won't say that I was the best person during our relationship; that time of our lives was utterly devastating. She's always been for me, though, and she's honestly the only friend I have other than my boss. God, I shouldn't have been so cruel and just texted her telling her I was fine.

Now, I lay on satin sheets, in a room I haven't picked apart. A heavenly scent filled my nose as the mahogany doors opened up, revealing the young girl and boy I met earlier. Was met the right word? I saw them, and they seem to know who I am. Alice must have told them after I left. A bit odd, having children working in this building. To be honest, it's not right for them. Child labor laws were created for a reason.

Both of these two were just as gorgeous as the others I'd seen in the castle. Same features. Freakishly slimmed frames that give the impression they can pounce on you at any moment. The eyes of a predetor can make your blood run cold. Their voices held the timbre that calmed me during the late night shifts I took on with Carlisle. Like a moth to a flame, I melt.

"The masters of the house want an audience with you after their meetings are over," the girl said shottily, glancing over at a potted plant. "My brothers will bring your belongings to you from your previous residence."

One more odd thing about her. Beyond the pale skin and dark eyes, the language she used made her sound at least a decade older. Probably two or three, actually. Sent out of another time. Well-mannered and polite, though, I'll give her that.

"They want me staying here?" I asked for confirmation. The girl nodded slowly, not paying much attention. Her brother stared intently, almost to a point of dissociation. "My friend made plans to stay with me at the hotel. She won't take no for an answer."

This made the two of them pause. They glanced at each other before shrugging.

"The masters will take care of that," the boy murmured.

I didn't exactly get what their memo was. Masters put them in a place of submission. As children, I guess they could have been taught to call adults that. Master, mistress. But that's so out of fashion; archaic.