𝐗𝐋, 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

WARNING FOR: EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT

---

I'D GROWN SO CLOSE TO THE GUARDS IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS.

It was almost tragic that I wasn't spending enough time with my mates. I knew from the way I began thinking of them randomly during the night that it wasn't natural to have that much distance between us. Caius had snuck a few notes through my door before his meetings with the guards and his brothers. Marcus had insisted that they'd catch up once the threats to the castle were addressed.

When Aro came back he'd taken a similar approach to his blonde brother, sending the guards around with notes to reach me. Corin and Luna had not stopped laughing at the gesture, demanding to know what some of them said.

Most were sweet, some were laden with promises that he'd get back to me soon, that they'd do so many things together. A few expensive gifts had been promised as well as more than a few trips to places I'd never dreamed of going. France, up to Venice, to his former home of Greece.

Every note had an undertone of something else that I was no stranger to. The promises of secret grottos were romantic, but they were so far hidden away from others that even the most innocent minded virgin got the message.

Everyone in the castle was well aware that we'd won the fight in Forks, or rather, the forests between Forks and any other human settlements. Fire had burned, and there were even a few Newborns that were saved in the end. I was happy to hear it. I didn't like seeing the worst in people, unlike some, and Luna promised me before she left that she wouldn't bring back any assholes into the Coven.

So, everything would be slowly getting back to normal, hopefully. Despite the search for Andrei, whose name had been revealed once and for all, we were free to do whatever we wanted. Lockdown was still in place, but things were happier around the Clock Tower. Soon, our friends would be coming home, and I would be able to swap stories with Luna and the Elite Guards on how the battle went.

"Mia amore," Aro whispered from behind me, "I didn't think I'd be able to catch up to you."

Ah, yes, I'd been walking too fast for him again. How did a vampire king end up being so slow? We may never know. Nevertheless, I was near the large pond in the gardens, the one that was right next to a statue that the guards had made within the last century as a project to prove to Aro that they had artistic sides.

"Can vampires build up their endurance?" I snarked, turning around to face him. "Or is it just you that's slow?"

"Most have their mates slow down to a pace that they can handle." I laughed and allowed him to hold my hands in his. "Perhaps it is a gift that I could be blessed with a swift mate. It is torturous to be slow."

"Torturous? Coming in heavy with the dramatics today I see, Aro."

"Ah, well you see, I was very glad to catch up with you."