Chapter 10

Later that night before the ball, I tried whatever I could.

I even put wolfsbane and vervain in a blood bag and I drank it all, slightly gaging even though it wasn't that bad.

I looked at the time and it was about time for myself to get ready.

The dress Klaus had gifted me hung in my closet. I smiled before putting it on and looking at myself in the mirror.

I walked into my bathroom and I saw Emma getting ready and I stood next to her, putting on some light makeup and mascara.

Once I finished with my makeup I drank another blood bag slowly before grabbing out my grimore and mumbling a spell to turn down my need for blood just for tonight.

But I didn't read the side effects.

I quickly put my grimore away and I put my beautiful shoes on.

Looking at myself once more in the mirror, signed that it was my que to leave.

I vamped outside and I headed to the Mikaelson Mansion, vamping all the way there.

"Hello sister, why don't you look beautiful." Katerina said from beside me.

"Why don't you look gorgeous." I smiled at her, looking at her dress.

I walked up to the door and the security guy looked at me before nodding my access of Katerina and I, not even asking for an invitation.

Once I walked in I looked around at all of the people, I spotted Emma, Stefan, and Damon, yet Klaus was no where in sight.

I hummed quietly, realizing that Katerina had disappeared.

I turned back to the crowd and I saw a gorgeous young man approach me and I smiled at him.

"Hello gorgeous." He smiled, gracefully taking my hand to his lips to give it a kiss. "I'm Kol Mikaelson. Which... Doppelgänger are you? I've seen so many come in through these doors tonight."

I nodded at him, the last name being familiar. "Eliana.. you can call me Elena though.. you look familiar.. have we met?" I asked, pulling my hand back ever so slightly.

"I've met a bunch of doppelgängers with your face, unable to remember all of their names!" He laughed and I smiled at his laughter.

Suddenly Klaus was next to him, glaring daggers at him. "Kol."

"Cmon Nik, I've met a gorgeous lady. Not even going to let me talk with her?" He asked.

I blushed at what he called me and I looked at Klaus. "Hello Niklaus, nice to see you again.. and I should probably thank you for the dress. I love it."

He smiled at my liking to the dress before looking at Kol, his smile fading.

"Alright alright calm down Nik, she's all yours." He put his hands up in defense before sulking off in the crowd.

I turned back to Klaus, giving him a friendly smile. "What was that about? Got to say your brother is a cutie." I said as a joke.

Apparently he didn't take it as a joke and he wandered off, heading to the stairs along with the rest of his siblings.

Elijah had made some well presented speech, that i barley listened to until the end. "Grab a partner and head to the ball room for a dance."