Chapter 5

(NEW UPDATED)

I heard buzzing coming from my phone and I picked it up.. an unknown number. I answered the call, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, sitting up as Kat gave me a strange look, yet she still used her vampire hearing to listen.

"Hello love. I just would like to let you know, I'm going through with the plan." It was Klaus.

I heard a scream in the background. It was Emma. "Doing the sacrifice, already?" I questioned, grabbing Kat by the arm and vamping to the Salvatores house.

"Yes Love, now I must get on." He said before hanging up, and I rolled my eyes before vamping inside and down to the basement to see that Elijah was no longer daggered or in the basement.

I heard a noise from behind me and I turned around to see Damon, and hell, he looked like shit. "Damn Damon.. what happened to you?" I asked, walking closer towards him.

"Why's Katherine here?" He let out a low groan and I sighed, before walking past him.

"We must be going. See you around." I headed outside before vamping to where I knew it would be taking place.

Kat had been behind me, barley following me as she was so tired. "Elliii are we almost there?" She complained.

I laughed as I kept walking, basically dragging her along with me. "Almost, now chill ax."

"Well well. Look who showed up to the party." I heard Klaus say as I stared at him, seeing that Jenna and the werewolf were both dead. It was basically time for him to drink the human doppelgänger dead.

Stefan had been laying on the ground, and I stared at him for a second before looking back over at Emma. "Elena.. please.. don't let him do this to me.." she cried out as I stared at her.

"Elena hm? Is that what you've decided to go by?" He questioned, giving me a look.

I felt Emma's gaze upon me and I didn't look at her. "What is he talking about.." Emma questioned, tears in her eyes.

I didn't say anything as I kept my eyes on my feet. "Oh? Hasn't she told you?" He laughed. "I'll let her do that.. oh wait. She can't."

And then suddenly Klaus was at her side, drinking her dry. I stood there in slight shock- mainly in amusement as I watched him drop her body to the ground.

I could hear bones breaking and I stood there and watched as he was turning into a werewolf.

Then the unexpected happened. Bonnie came out, saying some spell I was slightly unfamiliar with. I looked at how she was getting Klaus into a more weaker state and I started whispering a spell I kinda knew- a protection spell.

"Elijah.. please brother.. don't.." Klaus groaned out and I slowed the spell to look over at him, and Elijah had his fist inside of his chest.

"Lijah.. please I can get our family back, please.." he groaned out once more, Elijah didn't believe him.

He scoffed, grabbing his heart, about to rip it out. "Lies."

I vamped over to the two of them and I dug my teeth into the originals neck before picking Klaus up and jumping over the fire and vamping off with him.

I threw him at the ground and I watched as more of his bones broke and his eyes flashed golden yellow- just like mine.

And with a blink of my eyes he was gone.

"Elli why'd you do that?" I heard from behind me, it was Kat. I almost forgot she couldn't be over 50 feet away from me or it would inflict pain.

I turned to her and all I did was shrug. "I.. I'm not sure.. I couldn't let him die." I mumbled before sitting down.

She scoffed, yet she sat next to me. "And why not? He hates us doppelgängers, and we hate him."

Maybe she was right. But seeing him get killed? I couldn't let that happen.

"I'm sorry. I don't.. I need to go find Elijah." I vamped back over to the clearing and I saw Elijah sitting there in pain.

He growled at me, about to vamp over to me, but my my how weak I made him already. "Elijah." I sighed before vamping over to him.

"What did you do. Where's Niklaus!? I was supposed to kill him! Where is he! Why did you stop me?" He let out a breath of pain as I looked at the bite on his neck.

I laughed quietly before biting into my wrist and shoving it to his lips. "Drink up. I apologize, but you couldn't kill him. He's gone. I don't believe he was lying about returning your family, but you'll have to talk to him about that one."

He growled at me once more, my blood on his lips, healing his bite. And then he was gone.

"Elena? What.. what the hell?" Stefan asked as he jumped to his feet as Bonnie was next to Emma's body.

Kat was standing behind me and she let out a laugh. "My dear sister, Eliana. Seems like she couldn't keep the secret much longer!"

"What is she talking about!?" Stefan growled out and I vamped over to him, looking him in the eyes.

"You will forget about all of this, I'm Emma's sister, Elena. Katherine and I were never here. Now go." I compelled before moving to Bonnie and doing the same.

I vamped off back to the Gilbert house, making my way up towards my room as Katerina followed. "I still don't get why you couldn't just let that bastard die."

I scoffed, going and laying down. "Because I just couldn't. I can't explain it. But maybe I just have a heart-" I started, before getting cut off by Kat.

"You hate him. You've probably been dreaming about his death. Yet you couldn't watch him get killed? Bull."

With a snap of a neck, Katerina was out cold. God I couldn't stand her annoying comments.

Maybe this would be bad in the after effect.. but I didn't want him to die.