Chapter 28

(Y/n) appeared in the living room of her apartment. In one hand was her green roller skates and phone. In her other was a small bag of snacks and drinks from a nearby gas station. The girl set her skates on the floor and her phone carefully on her wooden table as a soft content sigh left her mouth. A small chorus of 'your back' and 'welcome home's filled her ears from the various different plants around her.

(Y/n) walked to her kitchen and placed the things she'd bought in her fridge and in her pantry before walking over to her large windows

(Y/n) walked to her kitchen and placed the things she'd bought in her fridge and in her pantry before walking over to her large windows. The girl swung the large windows open before taking a seat in the window sill. She draped her arms over her legs as she placed her head on her arm.

It had been about an hour or so since she had left the Titans to their own devices. The rising sun left a soft orange glow over the city. (Y/n)'s gaze stayed on the sunrise as a soft breeze flowed through her hair and into her home. Multiple different thoughts were walking slowly through her mind as she let small stems, leaves, and small rose buds grow from her skin.

A few soft vines wrapped around her as they made themselves at home on her body. Small worried responses came from the plants regarding her current state. "I'm fine, but I'm worried about Robin. He seemed out of it...way out of it." The girl said softly to the plants around her. 'Worried?' 'Why?' 'Is he injured?' The voices said softly. "He wasn't acting like himself, or maybe this is just the new him? I-I don't know...he was acting like how Batman acted when facing the Joker."

'Was it not Batman?' 'That's not like Robin.' 'Why are you not with him?' They said making (Y/n) let out a sigh as she turned her gaze to the now soft blooming wild flowers on her hands. "It's none of my business. Robin...he can handle himself. He doesn't need me...a-and I don't need him. Not anymore. He'll be fine. Plus, he has his team of friends that are there for him." She said trying to convince herself she made the right decision.

"Y-yeah...I'm sure they're all fine." 'All?' 'You've grown softer.' 'You care for them.' "No I don't. A-and I haven't 'grown softer!'" (Y/n) lied through her teeth while making air quotes. 'It is not bad.' 'This quality is good for you.' 'If you care about the heroes, why not help them?' 'Are your emotions still...what was the word?' 'Complicated?' 'Yes, complicated?' The girl rolled her eyes as she pulled the plants that weren't part of her off her hands. She carefully placed them on the walls next to her as she glared down at her lap.