Chapter 8

The teen titans and Night Shade had made it to a pretty large park. The teens were all clad in their different costumes, and Night Shade was wearing her more floral costume. Night took a deep breath through her nose as she stretched her arms up with a bright smile. "Don't you just love the feeling of the warm sun?" She asked more to herself. Her arm was no longer bound in the moist gauze as she wanted it to get some air and stay dry. "While you guys get comfortable, I'm gonna set up the barbecue." Cyborg said walking off. Raven had walked off to a shady area to meditate. Beast Boy changed into a green dog and ran around the park with Starfire right behind him. Leaving Robin and Night to their own devices.

Night looked around the park before letting out a soft gasp. "What is it?" Robin asked while Night ran over to a large patch of clovers. The patch was in a rather sunny area. "Take a look at these! This is an absolutely perfect spot for these guys!" Night said before turning to Robin with a large smile and bright orange and peach roses on her cheeks. "The sun rises in the east, that way." She said pointing towards east. "Sun comes up in the morning and shines directly onto these guys. They get the sunlight they need in the morning and as the day goes on it gets hotter and hotter. Once the sun reaches its peak and starts to set, which is the hottest times in the day typically, there's a shadow casted over the clovers from the trees." "Why is the shade important?" Robin asked genuinely curious about she'd been talking about. "Clovers thrive in full sun and partial shade, and this spot here is an absolute goldmine for them." Night said excitedly before crouching down onto the ground.

"With how green and how many clovers there are, I bet..." Night ran her hand gently through the clovers and straight into the soil making sure not to damage the plants she was bothering. "This soil is perfect. It's rich in moisture and possibly everything it needs here. And that's not even the best part!" Night said standing up again not even bothering to wipe her hand off of dirt. "Don't even get me started on the drainage here." Night said while Robin smirked. "What's so important about the drainage?" He asked egging her on. In the back of his mind he couldn't help but think about how he missed her rants like this.

"The soil here is already rather moist because it's a public park. The city pays to make sure this place is watered. But let's say we get heavy rain or someone leaves the sprinklers on. Typically parks will just flood, but not this one. This whole area is at a slight slope. Heavy rains, excess water flows down the slope, and over there down into the sewer grates." Night said pointing over towards the far side of the park where there were indeed multiple different sewer grates.

"I forgot how much of a plant nerd you were." Robin said with a laugh making Night roll her eyes as the roses went back into her cheeks. "At least I'm not a nerd overall." She said before she laid down in the clovers. A soft sigh left her lips and Robin watched as she sunk into the clovers and the dirt beneath her. "You gonna stand there staring at me all day? Or are you gonna go join your friends?" Night asked making Robin think for a moment. Night was definitely surprised as Robin decided to sit in the clover patch next to her. "I don't think sitting with me was an option I gave." She said while Robin just gave her a soft smile. "I thought you might like the company." He said making Night think for a moment. She wasn't entirely sure if she would've liked it or not.

"We do need to discuss a few things." Robin said as Night closed her eyes getting more comfortable in the plants. "Oh yeah? And what could it possibly be about?" Robin didn't have to look at her to know her sarcasm was practically dripping from her mouth. "Are you going to join us on our missions while you stay with us?" Robin asked making Night open her eyes as she stared up at the few clouds in the sky. "Why should I? This is supposed to be your favor to me. Besides what good will it do me?" She asked. "You'll get out of the tower and into the sunlight. It'll help you heal faster. I've also noticed your skills have been lacking compared to what they used to be. My guess is from not using your powers as often. And not to mention, people are going to see you hanging around us today. Some will even recognize the costume raising some questions." Robin said and Night sat up with a sigh.