Chapter 20

Perci was the first one out of the submarine needing to be away from the water around her. Robin was the second one out wanting to make sure Perci was okay. The others followed and they all watched as Perci stood on the solid ground. "Perci! Are you-" Starfire yelled about to run to her friend. "Starfire, wait!" Robin yelled as he grabbed her hand holding her back.

Robin motioned for the entire group to take a few steps back from the girl who they were already several feet away from. They stared at Perci's cloaked back for a moment before it happened. Hundreds of thorns repeatedly sprang in and out of her body. These thorns were sharper than any of the Titans had seen before and exceptionally longer. This process went on for an agonizing thirty seconds. Most of the group started to become slightly fearful of Perci's powers and wishing to never get caught in the way of her thorns. Meanwhile, Robin was worrying about Perci herself. He knew what it was like to feel that on the inside, but to feel it both inside and out must be a lot for the girl.

The group watched as the thorns all stopped before slowly making their way back into Perci's body. The moment they were all back inside of her, she fell onto her hands and knees. Her tears had stopped flowing, but she still took a few shaky deep breaths.

After a few seconds on the ground Perci Bloom stood up tall, her back still to the others. "Friend Perci...are you alright?" Starfire asked for the group. Herself and Robin being the most worried about the girl. Perci kept her back to the group for a few seconds before turning around. Her eyes were slightly red, she was soaking wet, and all of the vines and leaves that were poking through her skin had all blackened. A soft fake smile was on her cheeks as she tried hiding her real emotions. "I'm fine." She said before looking around where they were.

"Are you guys okay?" Perci asked the others. Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire were all confused as to why she would ask. Sure they had all been in danger, but she was the one who they were all worried about. "We're all fine.". Robin said before looking around where they were.

Robin whistled as the others started to look at where they were. "Beautiful." Starfire said only to receive a wail from Cyborg. "It's not beautiful! It's totaled! Aw, man, I never got to use the seismic blasters!" Cyborg yelled over his totaled submarine.

Robin made his way next to Perci who was staring down at her wet clothes. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder making their eyes meet. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Perci looked away. "I told you you'd be okay." Robin said giving her a soft smile. Perci wrapped her arms around her waist trying to comfort herself as she nodded. "Thanks." She said just above a whisper as her eyes stared at the ground.

"Next time you guys want to hang out with me..." Perci started to say grabbing Robin's attention. "Can we not have it in the middle of the ocean?" Perci asked trying to sound lighthearted, but Robin knew how serious the request was as he noddded.

"Where are we?" Raven asked. "My place." A teen with long black hair and a blue, silver, and black suit said as he rose from the water on the back of one of the whales. He gracefully jumped off and landed catching the Teen Titans attention. "I told the whales to bring you here." The teen said as he approached Raven.

Raven had a blush growing on her cheeks. "Okay...uh...thanks." She said with a shy smile. "Oh, yes, truly, truly, thank you so much for saving us." Starfire said next to her with the same shy smile and blush. Both of the girls were infatuated by the new hero in front of them. Perci didn't even bother looking at the new hero as she plucked the dead parts of herself from her skin.

"He saved you?" Beast Boy started to say as he came out of the water. "Hello? I was there too, you know!" Perci raised a brow at Beast Boy's comment. Cyborg and Robin quickly appeared next to Beast Boy. "You stopped Trident from kebabing us with that souped up shrimp fork?" Cyborg asked with a questionable gaze while Robin gave him a smile with a raised brow not believing Beast Boy either. "Way to go!"