Chapter 18

Present:

Raven, Starfire, and Perci were all crouched down near an old fountain. Around them was an old and run down theater. Raven and Star's attention was at the building in front of them while Perci's was towards a small dandelion. The weed was in poor condition as she carefully held the flower up with her fingers. Both girls noticed as Perci gave the plant a soft nod and half a smile before letting a small vine come from her body. The small piece of the girl planted itself next to the weed as it propped the flower up.

"This is a thank gift from me to you. Take all you need from it to get yourself back to full health. I might need your help again in the future." Perci said softly to the plant before turning to both girls. The other two were staring at the green doberman that was Beast Boy.

"Safe to say we're not walking in through the front door. We'll have to try the roof." Raven said glancing up at the roof that was definitely a safety hazard. "What did your little flower friend have to say?" Star asked Perci. "All of them are inside. I have to say this isn't very smart." Perci said with a shrug of her shoulders. "What? You mean us fighting them like this?" Raven asked and Perci shook her head no.

"No, I mean how the puppet king set this up. If I was in his position, I would have two of the guys patrolling two completely different places." Perci stated. "Why would you do that?" Star asked wanting to know her reasoning. "It creates a way to buy more time." Raven answered and Perci nodded.

"Think about it. You have two of the guys out patrolling two separate places, then you obviously would go to check those first because those are the first ones you see. Heroes, or us in this situation, check those places first wasting time that they can't afford to waste." "But then, where would the puppet king's location be?" Star fire asked still confused. "Somewhere not nearly as obvious. Like, I don't know, the sewers or something? It buys him extra time to do what he needs to do, and it helps pin point our locations to him." Perci finished explaining. Star stared at her with big eyes while Raven raised a brow at her. "You sure you're not a villain?" Raven asked making Perci shrug her shoulders. "I'd much rather stay as neutral as possible. Keeps everyone on their toes."

"Now, how do we get up on the roof? I'm all for lifting everyone up, but that would easily alert the others." Perci said and Star nodded. "Agreed." She said before taking Raven's hand in hers. "Now, do just as I instructed. Close your eyes and think of something joyful." Star said while Raven groaned.

"You might choose flowers, or kittens, or the laughter of children-" "Bleh...kids." Perci said interrupting Starfire as she thought about how sticky and gross kids could be. Star was about to list things when Raven took flight. Starfire quickly grabbed Perci's hand as they ascended towards the rooftop over Beast Boy's head. All three girl's feet were all placed gently onto the roof's surface as Raven landed delicately.

Starfire started to clap her hands as she bounced up and down. "Very, very good!" Star exclaimed. "What was your joyful thoughts?" Star asked. "Was it for this whole thing to be over and done with?" Perci said as she stretched slightly tired from the late night activities and memories she relived. "You don't wanna know." Raven said turning away from the girls. "Oh! But I do! Please tell me." Star said with a smile. "Uhh maybe it wasn't as great of a thought as you might think, Star." Perci said noticing Raven's expression. "What did you imagine?" Starfire pressed. "You...not talking." Raven said making Perci facepalm and Starfire's eyes to widen.

"Oh...well, I am glad I was able to help." Star said softly as she stared at the ground. "You two are unbelievable." Perci said under her breath as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "You know there's a thing called lying right?" Perci said louder as she looked at Raven when Starfire stepped in. "But, Perci, it is very wrong to lie." Star scolded the girl as a soft tsk came from her mouth.