Chapter 9

~Izuku's pov~
~at the orphanage~

After a quiet car ride, we arrived at a creepy looking orphanage, with the words "Bellworth Orphanage," on a sign above the entrance.

"Alright Izuku, this is where we part, I'll be here if someone wants to adopt you, and I'll visit you for checkups while you settle in to your adopted house."

"You mean if I'm adopted, it's rare for someone my age to be adopted," I said with a straight face.

"Don't be so pessimistic! Have hope!" She gave me a bright smile and hugged me. "If you ever need anything just call me okay?"she said as she handed me a card, reminding of when Shota gave me his card all those years ago.

She waved me off as I walked up to the front of the orphanage. When I got there I rang the doorbell, and after a few seconds I was greeted by a mean looking women with greying hair.

"Are you the newkid?" She asked, the way she said it was concerning, but I was used to it by now so I shrugged it off and nodded. She grabbed my arm and yanked me inside, slamming the door.

"Okay kid, my name Elise Frey, but you will adress me as ma'am, is that clear?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Now, I do not care for quirkless brats who believe they can leach off of others because they're weaker. The only thing I will provide for you is this roof, is that clear." I had expected this would happen, they sent over my school files and in there it states me as quirkless.
"Yes ma'am," my guess is if I talk to much I'll get in trouble.

"Now, you will be expected to cook and clean for the children here, you get any leftover food. I will not tolerate you being useless. If you don't complete your daily tasks you will not eat and you will be punished." I knew she wouldn't provide for me, but she's gonna beat and starve me too?

"Okay ma'am, may I ask a few questions?" I saw her look at me with disgust before saying, "make it quick."
"Will I be able to continue my job to provide for myself, for my schooling and such."
"You may, as long as you complete everything you need to here."

"Thank you ma'am, may I also continue to take online school as I am? You wouldn't have to worry about enrollment or paperwork?"
"Fine, don't expect to ask for help with it."
"Thank you ma'am." I bowed to show my thanks, and she started walking, and I took that as a sign to follow.

"This is where you'll sleep, you're lucky enough to have it to yourself, do what you want in here, I couldn't care less as long as you're not noisy or costly." She said as she pushed me into a room sized attic.

"In 10 minutes you are to report do the kitchen to start dinner." She said as she started to walk down out.
"Yes ma'am," I have no clue where the kitchen is, so I'll need to leave early to find it.

I found a beat up bed in the corner of my new 'room' and I set all my stuff there. I decided to make my way around the orphanage and find the kitchen.

I can hear noises and whispers around me, but I'm not bothered by them because I'm focused on finding the kitchen before I'm punished.

I finally find it, I'm not sure if I've made my deadline or not so I stand there patiently waiting for the women in front of me to say something.

"You're two minutes late, you are aren't going to get special treatment here, as I've said before, you didn't complete the task I gave you, so you'll not be eating tonight and you will be punished. Understood?" For fucks sake, it's not my fault I wasn't given a tour, I know if I actually said that though my punishment, what ever it is, would be a lot worse.
"Yes ma'am."