Chapter 4

~Izuku's pov~

I was just asked to dinner by Shota, he wants me to meet his husband... I feel like he has ulterior motives, but not bad ones. I can't believe he still doesn't remember me, though other can't see my freckles, which is my most memorable attribute.

I had to tell him I'm not able to eat normally, which I was worried he would judge me or get mad about it. Surprisingly, he did neither, he was kind and accepting, though I doubt it'd be the same he he saw what was under my mask, he'd be disgusted, just as I am.

I just closed down the cafe, and when I walked out I was met by Shota, who was leaning on a black car. God, I haven't been in a car in 10 years, I hope I don't mess anything up...

~Aizawa's pov~

When he walked out and saw me, then saw my car, he looked a bit worried, then calmed himself and waved to me.
"Hey kid," I went to ruffle his hair and he flinched away a bit, which is a bit concerning, but I ruffled his his hair and he leaned into the touch. This kid concerns me more every time I see him.

"Let's go, Hizashi is excited to meet you," I opened the door for him, and he hesitantly got in, which I ignored, and I closed the door. I then got in and looked over and saw him struggling to put his seatbelt on. "Have you not ridden in a car before?" I jokingly asked, reaching over and putting it on for him.

/Not in a long time is all, no need to make fun of me,/ he huffed and crossed his arms. (Why hasn't he been in a car, doesn't he get driven here? There's no homes near that cafe, it would be a very long walk.) I chuckle at his huff and put my own seatbelt on, then I drove to my house.

When we got there, I had to again help Isuni with his seatbelt, and we made our way to the door, when he froze. "What's wrong?"
He frantically asked, /does he know sign!?! I don't have my notebook!/ I'm surprised, as I didn't think of that.
"I think so, if he doesn't I'll find you a notebook, don't worry kid." He let out a sigh of relief, and we continued into the house.

"Hizashi, we're home!" As I said that he poked his head out of the kitchen, followed by the rest of him. He rushed over and hugged Isuni tightly. The kid looked terrified, he froze, as if he didn't know what hugs were. "Hon, get off, you're scaring the kid."

"Ah, sorry little listener! I'm Hizashi Yamada-Aizawa, you can call me Hizashi, or Zashi, or whatever you want," he said as he let go. Izuku looked at me with pleadings eyes, and I realized what he wanted.
"Do you know sign language Zashi? I forgot to ask you earlier."
"Yeah why?"
"He can't speak," Zashi's eyes widened a bit and looked back at Isuni.

/Hello sir, my name's Isuni Taka, please call me Isuni, it's a pleasure to meet you./ He said with a small bow.
"No need to be so well mannered, relax a bit kid, let's go eat dinner!" Hizashi was trying to get Isuni to loosen up a bit.

We all went to the dining room and sat, Isuni was across from me and Hizashi. "Alrighty, I made katsudon for dinner, and don't worry Isuni, I made sure to make yours taste just like it!"

Isuni's eyes lit up as it was put in front of him, I chuckled at the sight.
/Thank you Hizashi!/ after that we all started eating. I was confused as to why he kept his mask on, so I decided to ask him about it.

"You know you don't have to wear a mask, right, we're not gonna judge how you look." He froze for a minute before answering.
/You'd either be disgusted or you'd ask me questions, ones that I can't and won't answer.../
"What if we promise not to ask any questions right now, and we're both pro hero's, I assure you we've seen worse than whatever you could show us." I looked at him determined, he thought for a while, then huffed.
/You both promise that?/ The look he gave us expressed fear, and a bit of trust.
"We both promise, right Zashi?" We both looked at his and he nodded.
/fine.../

He slowly took his mask off, and what we saw left us mouth agape and wide eyed.

His mouth was stitched shut.

That's why he can't speak. Why is he letting this happen? Did he do it? Did someone else? Why would it it be done in the first place? Questions flooded my mind, I was so concerned, but I was able to snap out of it when I realized how anxious he must be showing us, and that our reactions probably weren't helping him, I pinched my husband to snap him out of his trance, and we both looked at Isuni.

He was staring at his hands and fidgeting.
"Isuni... as we promised we won't ask anything right now, but in the future we will be talking about this, okay?" He silently nodded

"I think it's about time for desert, don't you both?" Zashi said, breaking the tension in the room and lightening the mood.
"Sure, what do you have in mind Zashi?"
"I made milkshakes!"
/What's a milkshake?/
"You've never had a milkshake before!?! You're missing out little listener!" Hizashi acted flabbergasted, then walked into the kitchen.

"Isuni, are you safe at home?" I asked, worried about the answer.
He went wide eyed, still looking at his hands. He noticeably tensed up, and I pushed farther. "Isuni. Are. You. Safe."
/You said no questions Shota./
"Not answering is enough of an answer on its own."
/Don't dig into my life, Shota, I'm fine./
I sighed, then slowly moved my hand to his head. I moved slowly so he wouldn't flinch, then I ruffled his hair again, he seems to like that.
/My mom used to play with my hair.../ Isuni said with a yawn.
"I'm baaaaack, and not empty handed!" Hizashi said as he walked over giving each of us our drink, we'll all enjoyed our drinks, and Hizashi went to clean up.

And Isuni thanked him for the meal, and tried to leave.
"Where do you think you're going? You're not walking home at this time of night. I'll drive you."
/I'll be fine, I'm not going to bother you more than I have./
"You haven't bothered us at all, I'm driving you and that's final."
Isuni huffed again, but say and waited for me.
Hizashi! I'm taking the kid home, I'll be back to  help clean in a bit!" He yelled for us to be safe, and we headed out.

~Izuku's pov~

The drive was peaceful, though my peace wouldn't last when I got home, I was extremely late, my father was going to be livid.

When we pulled up, I managed to figure out the seatbelt and I got out, and turned around to say goodbye, only to see Shota getting out too

/What are you doing!?!/
"I'm walking you to the door, I should apologize for keeping you so late." (God this isn't going to end well)
We walked up to the door and knocked. The door swung open to reveal my drunken father, looking livid before seeing there was company and masking his anger for worry.
"Where the hell have you been, you should've been home hours ago."
"That would be my fault, I got him dinner as a thank you for him helping me, it took long than we expected. I apologize" Shota said so calmly it was almost surprising.
"And who the hell are you supposed to be!?!"
"My name is Shota Aizawa, I'm pro hero Eraserhead."
"Tch, get inside it's late." My dad said looking at me. I waved to Aizawa and went inside, while my father told Shota to get lost and slammed the door in his face. "You have no idea what's coming to you, you little shit." He said grabbing me by my hair and dragging me to the basement. This was going to hurt.