Chapter 1

~flashback~

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! Wake up!" A little emerald haired boy yelled, as he jumped up and down excitedly.

"We're up baby, don't worry," his mother said groggily.

"Do you know what today is?!?!" The boy said, barely able to contain the excitement brewing.

"Of course we do Izuku, it's your birthday silly." Izuku's dad said with a soft chuckle.

"AND I GET MY QUIRK TODAY!!"

"We know, Izuku, but before your appointment with the doctor you need breakfast, and to be in real clothes." As his mom said this, the boy looked down and realized he was still in his pajamas. "Now, before you run off to get dressed, what do you want for your special birthday breakfast?"

"I want  waffles with strawberries please!!" His mother smiled at his politeness and said, "alright honey, go and get yourself dressed, okay?" "Okay mommy!!"

As the small boy rushed to get ready his mother went and made breakfast, and his father got ready for work, as they wouldn't let him off. All three sat and ate together, enjoying each others company, unaware of what's to come.

"Alright, I'm headed off Izuku, my beloved Inko. I'll take you both out to celebrate Izu's quirk when I get home! Be safe, I love you both!" He said giving them both hugs and kisses.

"I love you too daddy! Come home safe!" Izuku said with a big toothy smile.

"Love you too honey, tell me when you're there and on your way back," Inko said as he walked out, waving behind him. "Alrighty, how about we clean up breakfast and then head over to the quirk doctor?"

"Yay!!" Izuku said happily. They cleaned up and made their way to the office.

"The Midoriya's to room 5 please, Midoriya's to room 5." The pair was in the room before the intercom had even finished.
"Please take a seat here Izuku. Do you know how this works?" The doctor says.

"I do! You need to draw my blood and put it in a machine thingy, and it'll tell you what my quirk is!!"
"That's right, you're a very smart kid you know?"
"Thank you Mr. Doctor! Can we check my quirk now please?"
"Sure thing, just give me your arm," he said as he took Izuku's blood and put it in said machine, "okay, your quirk isssss......"

"Wow Izuku that's amazing! You'll be a great hero!" Inko said looking at her son who has stars in his eyes.
"Thank you mommy!! I'll make you and daddy proof and be the best hero ever!"
"I'm looking forward to it! Now let's go in home and wait to tell your dad okay?"
"Okay mommy, thank you Mr. Doctor!"
"No problem kiddo," The doctor said as they walked out.

As they were walking to their car, Inko and Izuku were cornered by a drunk thug.
"Give me all your money and valuables and no one has to get hurt!!" The man yelled, as he waved a gun at them.

"Here, take it all please just don't hurt us!" Inko pleaded, desperately handing him all her money and jewelry.

"I can't have you reporting me now, sorry, it's nothing personal" a shot rang out, as Inko fell, holding her stomach, then she grabbed her son and held him close, speaking soft whispers to her son.

"Izuku, I love you so much, I want you to promise me that you'll become a hero who saves everyone he can, and that you'll be kind, and behave for your daddy, make sure you become a good man, can you promise me all that?" Another shot rang out and Inko grunted.
" mommy! Are you okay!?! You're bleeding," he screamed.
"Can you promise me Izuku? This is important."
"I promise mommy, I promise!"

A hero finally showed up and apprehend the thug, turning his attention to the now slumped over women and her wailing child. "Hey kid, are you okay?"
"My mommy, please help my mommy!!"
"I'm sorry kid, there's nothing I can do, she's gone, do you have a dad I can call? What's your name?"
"M-my name is Izuku Midoriya, and my m-mommy's phone has my daddy's number," he said through tears.
"Okay Izuku, I'm going to call some people and then we'll go to the station where your father will meet us."
"W-what about my mommy?"
"I'm gonna call someone to come pick her up, come on now kid, let's go wait for the police."
"O-okay..."

They went and waited by the street, and when the police showed up the hero said his goodbyes.
"I'm sorry for your loss kid, my name's Erasurehead, here's my card, if you ever need anything, just contact me, okay?"
"Okay Mr. Erasurehead, t-thank you for saving me..." as he took the card, the hero stood up and swung away using a grey scarf.

"Let's go kid, don't want to leave your dad waiting," an officer told Izuku while grabbing him and putting him in a car. The ride was quiet, the silence only interrupted by sniffs and soft cried from little Izuku. "We're here, c'mon kid."
"Okay sir..." he walked behind him, entering the station, he looked around and met eyes with his distraught father. "Daddy... mommy, she-the bad guy-I-," he started sobbing at the sight of his dad, his father didn't comfort him, he instead went and signed a few pieces of paper to have Izuku released to him, and then went home dragging his son behind him.