Three

Last night, I didn't sleep the greatest. I was tossing and turning in my bed thinking about whether or not it was an actual good idea to tell Michael. I'm glad I told him, but at the same time I just keep getting this feeling that something isn't right or something bad is going to happen.

    I walked down the hall to my locker and saw Michael and his friend Ostin walking to their's. I decided that it would be a good idea to talk to them. I jogged down the hall a bit till I caught up with them and walked right next to Michael. They hadn't seen me yet, so being the nicest person I am, I interrupted their conversation.

     "Sup dudes."

     "Hey Y/n."

     Ostin looked confused. "Since when did you two ever talk?"

    "Since yesterday," I said.

     "Really? How did I miss that?" Ostin asked

     I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "You'll find out soon."

     Suddenly, I looked over and saw Taylor grab Michael's arm. "Michael, we need to talk," She said, but he just brushed her off and kept walking. She then ran up in front of us and looked at Ostin. "Excuse us please."

     "Sure," Ostin said with glee while backing up a few steps.

    She then looked over at me seeming like she wanted me to leave, but I knew what this whole thing was about and I didn't want to be left out of it. I know, it's selfish. I looked at her right in the eyes and asked, "What did you do to Mr. Poulsen?"

     "What do you mean?" she asked nervously.

     "You did something," Michael added. "I saw it."

     "Really? Well so did you," Taylor retorted.

     "Nothing I can tell you about."

     "Michael, please. It's important." She grimaced. "I'm begging."

     "Dude, she's begging," Ostin jumped in forgetting that he wasn't supposed to be listening. Although, I don't think I was supposed to either, but I was never told to actually not be there so...

     "I'd get killed for telling you."

     "No one will ever know. I promise." She crossed her chest with her finger. "Cross my heart."

     He glanced over at Ostin who was shaking his head then looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders with a "your choice, but be wary" look.

     Taylor just looked at Ostin and me then sighed. "Michael, I really need to know. I promise, I'll never tell anyone." She leaned in closer. "I'll even tell you my secret. It's more important than you can possibly imagine." She had placed her hand on Michael's arm, staring at him with a desperate look.

     "I couldn't tell you here anyway."

     "We can go to my place," she said quickly. "I live just down the street. No one's home."

     "That's not suspicious," I muttered quietly. 

     He quickly glanced at me before saying, "I can't. I have detention."

     "It's okay, I'll wait for you."

     "Where do you want to meet?"

     "I'll just go with you." Taylor smiled.

     I zoned out a bit then until I heard Ostin ask, "What about me?"

     Taylor looked at him. "What about you?"

     "I'm Michael's best friend. Ostin."

     "Ay, what 'bout me? I would like to know too, especially since I was the one that asked. Oh, I'm also Michael's friend. Y/n."

     "Their my friends."

     "What do you guys want?"

     "I want to come with you guys," Ostin said.

     "Yeah, I'm pretty curious," I added.

     "We can trust them," Michael said.

     She looked us over, then turned back and said, "Sorry, but I can't."

     Michael looked over at Ostin and shrugged. "Sorry man," he said before he looked at me. He elbowed me. "See ya later, Y/n."

     "Dude, did you forget I'm in detention too?"

     "Oh, yeah, kind of."

     "Eh, whatever. See ya Ostin!"

     "Let's go, you delinquent," Taylor said to Michael.

     I rolled my eyes, before walking off ahead of them into detention. The cafeteria was ten times more crowded than yesterday. I went and sat down at a table towards the back of the cafeteria all the way on the opposite side of where Michael just sat down. 

     I'm not mad at him, I'm just a little annoyed that I won't get to know what their going to talk about. Taylor's a nice girl, but at the same time, I don't know if she can be trusted. I sighed. Michael will probably tell her, but I do hope he finds out  about what she did to Mr. Poulsen. Maybe she's like us? I'll probably find out at some point in life. 

     I just sat and listened to music the whole time, not paying attention to anything until Cody fell backwards off his chair with a yelp. I looked over and saw that Michael was sitting there and I knew it had something to do with him. I shook my head at him and looked over towards Taylor and saw her shaking her head too. Well, at least we both know that what he did wasn't a good idea.

     I apparently ended up falling asleep at some point because I felt someone shaking me. When I had opened my eyes, I saw everyone was gone and Mrs. Johnson standing right by me.

     "Oh, I am so sorry!" I yawned. "I did not mean to do that!"

     "It's fine, just don't do it again." She smiled. "Did you sleep last night?"

     "Kind of. I had trouble falling asleep, but it's fine, I'll make sure to sleep tonight. Bye Mrs. Johnson and see you tomorrow."

     "Bye Y/n."

     I started the trek home deciding to not commit arson. Or, kind of home. On weekends, I'm able to stay at my mom's friends place. She usually lets me take over the couch there, but she's not there during the week and she doesn't want me at her house without her being there. That means during the week, I have to stay somewhere else. At my dad's friend's place who just so happens to have a son that's a complete douche to people.