One

Ugh, detention again, I thought while walking into the lunch room. I checked in with Ms. Johnson before looking to find a place to sit. Away from the other two guys in the room. I don't even do anything wrong half the time. People just get too offended at things. I'm just joking around. It's not gonna kill them...even though that would be kind of funny.  And damn does my mouth hurt. This time I was just defending myself. People really need to not be so offended or jump to conclusions so quickly and then resort to violence over it. Especially when your principal punishes the victim.

     "Guess I should start studying for my biology test," I internally groaned.

     Before I began the ever so difficult task of studying, I heard Ms. Johnson speak and looked up to see her talking to a boy around my age. He was short, but taller then me. Probably around 5'6" while I'm only 5'1" sadly. He was skinny, had soft looking brown hair, blue eyes, and he seemed to be blinking a lot. Tics. I realized it was Michael Vey. He's in my biology class and has Tourettes Syndrome which is why he blinks, gulps, and does things like that, but it also means he gets picked on a lot. 

     How'd he end up here in detention if you're wondering? Probably Jack. 

     Gotta get this dude to stop being a douche. Mr. Dallstrom too. If I could, I'd give him a piece of his own medicine and then put the blame on him even though he'd be the victim...ugh stop. Just study.

     Before I continued studying I saw that Michael seemed to look at me and the two boys as if we were homicidal psychopaths. I mean I don't blame him. I would think that of me too...which I do sometimes. When he actually looked over at me, I tried to give him a kind smile, but it was hard with my busted lip. He smiled back surprisingly with only a slight grimace before going to sit down. Probably gonna study for biology too. 

    I opened my school laptop and went on the separate browser I had secretly installed and began to listen to some playlists on Spotify I had created. This'll definitely help me study.

     20 minutes later we were let out of detention and I headed to the bathroom to see how bad my mouth looked. My mouth itself was fine, it was just my lip. My lip was busted open and had dried blood all over it. There was also some dried blood on the top of my lip from when my nose was bleeding. I hadn't felt like cleaning it up earlier as a sign for people to leave me alone for once in my life. 

     I had gotten in kind of a fight with another girl who I thought I was on pretty good terms with. Kind of thought of her as somewhat of a friend. It all happened because I was joking and talking with her boyfriend's friends and her boyfriend just happened to be there. I was told I flirt with almost every guy I talk too. I don't think that's true. It's just easy to talk to certain people and of course I'm going to joke around, tease, and make fun of you if it's that kind of friendship. Well, she thought that I was trying to get with "her man." Not true...but that didn't matter and so she got mad at me. I tried to joke around with her more about stuff. Clearly a bad idea because she punched me in the mouth. So then I may or may not have punched her back and almost broke her nose. Oh well. Doesn't seem like anyone at this school likes me. I'm a nice person. I really am. I'm also loyal and will do anything for my friends, but I don't have a best friend and all of my past ones left me for some reason. It's just life I guess. 

     I sighed before I began to walk out of the school. When I walked outside I saw Jack and his buddies Wade and Mitchell were fighting with someone. I kept hearing them yell "pants him!" Then I heard someone yell at them to stop. 

     "Leave him alone!" I looked over and saw the cheerleader Taylor standing alone near the school doors.

     "Hey, check out the cheerleader," Wade said.

     "You're just in time to watch us pants this guys," Mitchell said. 

     "Yeah, shake those pom-poms for us," Jack said laughing like a maniac before making fun of Taylor with a  cheer that went "Two, four, six, eight, who we gonna cremate?"

     That's when I saw who it was. It was Michael. I decided that I was done with Jack's shit, so I started to walk right up to them. They didn't even notice my presence until I was right there and had punched Wade in the jaw to try and get him to let go of Michael's pants. 

     Wade stumbled back and Mitchell grabbed a hold of me.

     "Lookie who we have here. If it isn't Y/n. You know, that wasn't very nice," Jack said.

     "I don't care. Leave Michael alone," I sneered.

     "Since when did you care about my business or even about Michael?"

     "Oh, I don't know, but hey, you wanna know something? With the amount of times you pants poor guys, it's made me wonder. Are y'all secretly gay or something? Are you trying to come out? Or do you just like the thought of seeing some dude walk around without his pants?"

     "Shut up Y/n."

     Before I could respond, Mitchell threw me on the ground and kicked me in the stomach. Wade was already trying to pants Michael again, but thankfully Michael was making it difficult for them. After I got my breath back for a second, I was about to go full on black belt mode before Michael spoke.

     "Let me go! I'm warning you."

     "Ooh," Wade said. "He's warning us."

     Jack grabbed him by his hair and pulled his head around. "You're going to be wishing you'd kept your mouth shut," he said before hitting Michael in the face again.

     "Yeah, whatcha gonna do?" Mitchell said. "Cry on us?"

     "No, he's gonna wipe his nose on us," Wade laughed.

     "Stop struggling," Jack said. "Or we're going to take everything you got and make you streak home."

     "Jack just stop it already! What's the point dude! Just leave him alone already!"

     "Y/n. Us here, we don't have a problem, but you're about to make one."

     "You bet I am!" I said walking towards the boys again and grabbed a hold of Mitchell. I was about to pull him off when suddenly a sharp electric ZAP! went through the air. I saw electricity flash brightly while Jack, Wade, and Mitchell screamed before falling to their backs, flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water.

     I just stood there staring at them. What in the heck just happened? The I looked and saw that Michael was getting up, completely unscathed from the electricity but not from the fight. He was in rough shape.

     He then walked over and stood above Jack who was frothing at the mouth and said, "I told you to leave me alone. If you ever touch me again, I'll do worse. Do you understand? Or do you want more? Next time you bully me or my friends, I'll triple it."

     "Uh, Michael? What was that?" I said. 

     He whipped his head around and looked at me as if he had forgotten I was there. "Wait, you had a hold of Mitchell when I....How did you not get hurt...?" He quietly whispered. 

     "What?"

     He then looked behind me and saw that Taylor was still there. Before I could say anything else, he grabbed his backpack and took off.  

     "Michael! Wait!" I called and took off after him. I know, I know. Following him wasn't the best idea, but I needed to know what just happened. And if it really was him.