Six

My eyes began to slowly open as a delicious smell wafted through the air. Sunlight from the window drifted in through the blinds, leaving lines across the bed. I looked around at my surroundings seeing that I was in a smallish bedroom. The walls were a light grey with a carpet flooring. There was a desk in the corner on one side of the room with a dresser standing on another wall with a picture frame. The bedroom was kind of messy and it all looked like it belonged to a teenage boy. Wait...this isn't a room I've been in before. Where am I?

     I continued to look around the room trying to figure out where I was. I looked down and saw I was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. Hmm, yesterday was the game and then the party. Didn't I walk home? Wait, don't tell me. I actually got abducted? I don't remember ever going home! Then why would I be in a comfortable bed in what looks like a guys room? Uh...

     I then slowly began to panic. I didn't know whether I should leave the room and look around or not. Staring down at my hands lost in panicky thought, starting to breathe heavier, I failed to notice the figure standing in the doorway of the room.

     "Have a good sleep?"

     I whipped my head upwards and looked at the doorway with wide eyes. "Huh?" Then, I realized it was Michael standing there. "Oh, yeah."

     He just laughed at my confused face. "Come on, my mom made breakfast." Then he turned and walked down the hall.

     I jumped up and followed after him. The smell smelled even better when I entered the kitchen. 

     "Well good morning, Y/n," Mrs. Vey said.

     "Good morning, Mrs. Vey."

     "How'd you sleep?"

     "I actually slept really well. Been a while."

     "That's good. I made hot chocolate and crepes. I hope that's okay."

     "That's better then okay, thank you. Especially since it's somebody's birthday today," I said while smirking at Michael. "Happy Birthday child!"

     "Thanks Y/n," he said. I just smiled.

     I got a plate of crepes topped with whip cream. I took a bite out of them and my eyes lit up. "I think these are the best crepes I've ever had! Same with the hot chocolate! It's really good!"

     "Why thank you." She smiled before sh looked at Michael. "I'm sorry I have to work today. Are you sure you're okay with celebrating after school on Monday?"

     "I don't care what day we celebrate," he said with his mouth full of crepes.

     "And we'll have cake and ice cream tonight. Do you and Ostin still want to go to the new aquarium on Monday?"

    "Yeah. And can we go to PizzaMax for dinner?"

     "Whatever you want. It's your day. I can't believe you'll be fifteen. Another year and you'll be driving. You've grown into such a fine young man. I'm proud of you." At this point, it looked like she was close to tears. She then ran out of the room. "I know we usually wait to open presents until we have cake, but I wanted to give this to you now. It's special."

     Michael took the box and pulled off the paper. It was a dark blue velvet box and when he opened it, it had a watch in it.

     "It was your father's. Do you like it?" she asked. 

     "A lot. It's cool," he said.

     When he turned the watch over, it was engraved with the words: I love you forever - Mom