Ten

Ugh, I swear we've been in this car for ever. 

     It was a little past noon and we finally arrived in Pasadena. Everyone had been sleeping except for me and Wade. Wade was driving, so of course he couldn't sleep, but when we stopped, his eyes were bloodshot and it looked like he was going to pass out. Me, on the other hand, I just couldn't fall asleep. There was too much going on up in my little, tiny brain to focus on the sweet sense of sleep. 

     Wade got out of the car to use the restroom while Ostin still snored in the back. Michael and I decided to head in the gas station to grab some stuff for the rest of the trip.

     "What doughnuts should we get?" Michael asked.

     "Wow, what a simple conversation for whatever terror that lies ahead of us," I rolled my eyes with a smile.

     "Hold on a second though, when Ostin wakes up, I don't think this school is going to be any more terrifying than him on an empty stomach."

     "Alright, alright," I laughed. "Let's get chocolate iced, glazed, and powdered. Simple flavors everyone loves. I'll go grab some milk."

     I walked over to the milk and grabbed two bottles of strawberry plus a bottle of chocolate milk for me. Come on, no one judge, but like I can't with strawberry milk. I swear it tastes super fake but I've seen all of them drink it. How? I have no idea.

     With the food in hand, Michael and I walked back out to the car. Wade was already fast asleep in the back seat, so Michael went to sit up front. I, on the other hand, had to maneuver myself around both the sleeping figures of Wade and Ostin, to be able to sit down.

     Pasadena, California was something. It was lush green and had palm trees everywhere. It was honestly really pretty, if it weren't for the fact that there were so many people.

     "Take Colorado Boulevard to South Allen, then turn right," I heard Michael say to Jack and how I wished he had said to turn and head back home instead.

     When we got to the school, it looked like anything but a school.

     "That's the place?" I asked.

     "It looks just like the picture. Except for the prison fence," Michael said.

     After staring at the monstrosity that was called a "school," I decided to wake up Wade and Ostin. 

    "Here you go," Michael said handing them the doughnuts.

     "Where are we?" Ostin asked.

     "Supposedly, the school," I said.

     "Looks more like a prison than a school," Wade said groggily.

     "How are we going to get inside?" Ostin asked. "The fence is at least twelve feet high and there's barbed wire."

     "And the entrance is guarded," Wade added.

     "Getting in is not going to be easy," Ostin said.

     "Ostin, I apologize for correcting what you said, but I'm pretty sure you mean possible instead of easy. Cause how in the heck are we supposed to get in through there? The guards up there have military grade weapons and look like they would take you out if you were within one-hundred feet from them. Not to mention..." 

     "Y/n, that's good. I think we get it," Michael said smiling wryly.

     "Heh...sorry."

     Jack shook his head. "They're right man. What are you going to do?"