Five

Meridian High ended up winning the game which was great, and we got up and headed down to the floor.

     "Ready to go?" Taylor asked. "Angel's dad is going to give us a ride to Maddie's."

     "Me too?" Ostin asked.

     "Of course," she said.

     The five of us walked out to the parking lot. Angel was a really pretty Asian girl, and Ostin couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

     We got in Angel's dad's BMW and he drove us to Maddie's house which was the last house on a long, tree-lined street called Walker Lane. This was where the rich kids at school lived. Once we arrived, we all clambered out. I heard Michael say, "Thank you, sir." before Taylor took his arm walking up to the house.

     "Thank you so much, Mr. Smith," I said. "I also really like your car."

     "No problem kiddo and thanks. Now, you go have fun."

     "I will," I smiled.

     When I got inside, I saw that Ostin was already at the dessert table and Michael went over to grab Taylor a drink. I went up to the table that was in a luxurious dining room and grabbed two double chocolate chip cookies along with a Pepsi. Cookies are amazing. 

     When I was little, someone asked me what if you had ten cookies and someone asks for one. How many would you have left? I said that I wouldn't give them one, so I'd have ten still. So, then, they asked what if they forcefully tried to take one? I said, I'd still have ten cookies and a dead body. Amazing child I was.

     I was about to talk to Michael, but before I could, Corky and Drew walked up to Michael and started talking about him being the "Little Chuck Norris." That's when it all went wrong. Corky was trying to get Michael to spar with him.

     I will say. Horrible idea. Michael would get crushed and let me say, Taylor did not help the situation when she said, "Everyone outside! Michael's going to take down Corky!"

     Everyone went outside to watch what would happen.

     Taylor said, " Okay, so here's the deal. First one knocked to the ground loses. Fair enough? And here's a twenty-dollar bill that says Michael's going to put Corky on his back. Any takers?"

     Everyone began looking at each other, but no one wanted to bet against her. So being the amazingly supportive friend I am. I went up there and took the money from her hand without looking at her, before walking back into the crowd to stand by Drew and Spencer. Problem was, was that they were a ways into the crowd and I was too short to see anything that was about to happen, but I didn't want to stand up front. So I stood there, trying to see over the people.

     "Can't see?" Spencer asked.

     "Heheh, yeah...no."

     "Here, get on my shoulders."

     "W-what? Won't I be too heavy or won't that seem weird?"

     "Nah, you're fine. Besides, you took the money up there, but you didn't really bet against her correctly. Anyways, you took the money, you should see what happens. But come on, get on."

     "Yeah, I know that, but it was free money she was waving around. Of course I'm just gonna take it. And I believe that Michael can do this."

     "Then get on."

     "Fine." I jumped up onto his back in a piggy back style way and then he somehow got me on top of his shoulders. Talk about awkwardly weird and embarrassing since my thighs were on either side of his head and he was holding my knees. At least I could see now. "Thanks."