The youth know best.

"You do not live; you are not allowed to die

"You do not live; you are not allowed to die. You drift between earth and death which seem, finally, strangely alike."
         - Louise Glück

——————————————————

"What can be seen is temporary," he says.

"What cannot be seen is eternal. For we know that if the earthly tent is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made from hands, eternal, in the heavens."

Two boys, identical—or, almost identical—twins, and Father Gabriel, delivering a eulogy.

The second letter to the Corinthiansit was a nice thought, but definitely a hit and miss, in Hemera's opinion especially since it's been a long time since the group even had an earthly tent to sleep in.

"She was gonna come with me," Noah states, out of the blue, although everyone understood what he was saying. Noah was one of the boys in Grady, he had escaped and helped get Beth out. "How far?" Rick asks, almost too quiet to hear. "Outside Richmond, Virginia."

That's over 500 miles, but, false hope is what keeps people alive these days. You wake up in the morning, with the false hope that maybe, just maybe, it was all a dream.
The false hope that it would be different somehow.

"It was secure. It has a wall, homes, 20 people. It's a long trip, but if it works out, it's the last long trip we have to make." There's that false hope again, they need a reason to believe, so they simply make one up.

What would happen if this new place was, gone too?

It had been a day or two since a few of the others had left to find Noah's family. Though, when they finally returned, they were one live man short.

Tyreese.

Once again, everyone had a different expression. Rick looks frustrated, making a move for his gun. Michonne looks resigned, making a move for her sword almost in sync with Rick.

I close my eyes, hiding my face in Carl's shirt—who I didn't even notice was right next to me, until he pulled me into his chest— so I didn't have to watch who put Zombie Tyreese out of his misery.

And just as he did at Beth's funeral hours before, father Gabriel said grace. Father Gabriel concludes his speech, vowing that wherever Tyreese is now, he has a house not made from hands. I sniffed quietly as Carl and I walked hand in hand, before breaking the silence between us.

"Do you think things will ever get better?" Hemera's voice shaking, she looks up at Carl.
"I believe the only way to make things better, is by being better ourselves. And I believe, by just being in your presence, Hemera Ford, that you make me the best me I can be."

Her cheeks reddened quite a bit at the young boy's comment. "Whatever you say, sherif."
She stopped walking as Rosita called her name.

Hemera looked in the direction of the short woman, before looking back at Carl and leaning to whisper in his ear. "You make me the best me I can be too, grimes."
She gave him a light kiss on the cheek and turned on her heels with a smile on her face.

And even though she couldn't see, his face matched hers. From his reddened cheeks, to the sheepish grin on his soft features.
And at that moment in time, the boy knew he'd do anything to be with her.

He'd kill for her.

He'd die for her.

But most of all, he'd live for her.
He'd get up everyday, ready to fight, because now, he had something to fight for.
——————————————————
Sorry for not updating for a couple of weeks, I just lost motivation, but I'm back!!

Hope you enjoyed!!