The Will Of God

I want you always to remember me

I want you always to remember me. Will you remember that I existed, and that I stood next to you here like this?
- Haruki Murakami
——————————————————

As Hemera got closer to the yells, she saw a man perched on a rock. He seemed to be completely defenseless and she thought, might as well.

she grabbed her signature beretta, silenced of course, out of its holster and one by one started shooting the walkers.

On her fifth Walker, she got pushed over by a decayed corpse of an old man. She landed on the leave covered ground with huff as she quickly found a pointy stick and stabbed it through the biter's head.

As she pushed the rotting corpse off her body she realized the others had arrived.

Just as she stood up, her father gripped her upper arm tightly pulling her towards him.

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

She looked down at her feet "dad, im sorry he just-"

"Do you know how much danger you just put Eugene in?!" This caused her head to snap up.
"Excuse me? Eugene? God here I thought you were worried about me for once." She scoffed at the older redhead. With that, she tugged her arm out of his grasp and followed the others to wherever the weird guy from the rock was taking them.

Great, now we're following a stranger.

She wiped her slightly scraped hands on her jeans, hands aching from the harsh material.

"Hey, you okay? I saw you fall, didn't look too enjoyable." Carl questioned softly.

"Mhm, peachy." She stated once again with a tight lipped smile and pulled her shoulder out of his soft grip.

She sped up matching steps with Rosita.

"I saw you and your dad arguing, Eugene again?" She questioned not taking her eyes off the path ahead of her.

"Per the usual. "Do you know how much danger you put Eugene in?" Who the hell does he even think he is?" She shook her head recalling the argument that took place moment before.

Rosita sent her a sympathetic smile, just as they stopped at the front of a small white church. The red head looks over at the weird guy, Gabriel, and quirked an eyebrow. "Um I'm not one to go against the will of god and all, but.. how the hell is this place still so clean?" She questioned genuinely confused.

Once again, the whole group ignored her except Rosita who elbowed her in the side.

"Fine then, guess I'll just go fuck myself." She muttered softly to herself.

"We're just gonna check it out, to you know, hold on to our squirrels" Rick commented.

This made the young girl realize she probably missed a few things while arguing with daddy dearest.