The yo-yo

"And you're whispering, you're begging,"Save me, save me, save me," into skin that isn't yours—as if there had ever been enough of anything in you left to save

"Save me, save me, save me," into skin that isn't yours—as if there had ever been enough of anything in you left to save."

- you are seventeen and twentv-six and perhaps vou have alwas been this hollow

——————————————————

With my father on strike and Eugene dealing with the worst beating of his life, Glenn was left in charge.

I watch as he stares down the long road ahead of us that's invaded with walkers who don't know we're there just yet. 

We then join Tara and Rosita to fill up on water in a nearby creek.

As I walked up to the stream, I noticed a few walkers trapped under a fallen utility pole making me laugh a little.

Serves you right.

While Tara, Rosita, Glenn, and I walk ahead, Maggie remains behind with my dad and Eugene. 

We end up discussing Eugene, because when is he not the topic of conversation, and each of us seemed to react differently to his behavior.

Glenn was angry at him.

Tara excused him, saying he was using the only skill he had available to him.

And Rosita, sweet Rosita, just wanted him to be okay. 

While we were at the stream, Rosita and I show Glenn how to rig a water filter using your shirt sleeve.

A trick I hate to admit Eugene taught me, because it works so well.

We spend some time filtering the water, so it can be boiled.

While filtering, Glenn points out a ripple in the stream.

My mind immediately goes to zombie alligators.

The thought had me jumping out of the water, onto safer grounds, before realizing alligators can walk on land.

Although, Glenn had a completely different idea, he seems to think we're in a prime fishing spot. 

Rosita, Glenn, and Tara take out the fallen Walkers and pilfer their corpses for supplies.

I then use the mesh lining of my jacket as a fishing net.

After catching a few fish, I walk away from the stream sitting against a tree.

I see Tara going through a backpack and getting excited about something causing me to smile.

I then spot Glenn and Rosita talking—almost flirting—which lead my eyes to shift over to their partners.

My father sits there and stews while Maggie rigs up some shade over Eugene's unconscious form.

Maggie takes the opportunity to interrogate my dad for his childish behavior, saying that it's never going to get any better than it is right now. 

She's right.

My thoughts then slip to Carl, i miss him. I wonder what he's doing right now.

But before I could linger on the thought, I was caught off guard by low groaning that I thought was a Walker, but to my surprise, it was Eugene.

My father's still on his strike but snaps out of it when Eugene regains consciousness.

As if on cue Glenn, Tara, and Rosita arrive on the scene.

And I finally see what Tara was so excited about.

Tara had found a yo-yo.
——————————————————
This is kinda just a filler chapter!!

Hope you enjoyed!!

If you liked this chapter, it would really be appreciated if you voted or commented!!