The liar amongst us.

"I don't want to have to be the one who mourns everything when everyone else has clearly forgotten

It's mortifying. It's mortifying to be the one who remembers."
- Ryan O'Connell
——————————————————

I woke up to quiet bickering.

I stretched my limbs hearing something along the lines of my dad needing to rest.

He could probably use the sleep, we all could.

Although, my dad seems to disagree.

I was quickly forced to gather my things by my father, him insisting he had something to show us.

And boy did he have something to show us.

When we left the library, he lead the group and I to a fire truck, whose engine didn't want to start.

"Quite the find." I sarcastically mumbled, scoffing at the sound the engine made.

And that's when I heard it, low moaning.

Goddamnit.

As if it couldn't get any worse, a group of walkers came pouring out of the firehouse.

I quickly go into defense mode, grabbing my knife.

Thinking quick, Eugene turns the firehose on, blasting the walkers.

I scrunch my nose up at the strong current ripping the walkers apart.

Kudos to Eugene for that. Jesus.

After a while, my father finally gets the fire truck to run, and I must say, my inner child is loving this ride.

But, as quick as it had started, of course it had to end.

The truck had run out of gas.

So being the stubborn man he is, my father makes the group decision to continue on foot.

Towards the beginning of our walk, we came across a refugee camp crawling with walkers.

It was honestly, pretty intimidating.

My dad keeps trying to insist that we push through, but not even I was gonna support that.

And in a blink of an eye, Glenn and dad had gotten into a huge fight.

God testosterone overload.

"Stop. Stop! I lied. I lied about everything, the cure, the government officials, D.C., everything."

And believe me when I say, my jaw dropped.

Holy shit I was right.

I had imagined this moment before, and in my imagination, I was so excited to have proved everyone wrong, but all I was at this moment, was angry.

We had no vehicle, no shelter, low ammunition, no carl, what the hell are we supposed to do now?

Eugene said his plan was to trick my dad and I into taking him to D.C.; the place he assumed would be the safest.

"And to think the only person who didn't believe me, was a child."

Eugene then starts to name everyone who had died protecting him, new and old friends alike.

Hemera couldn't help it anymore, all her pint up anger from the last few years had boiled over.

"You lying piece of shit!" She yelled, tears welling up in her eyes.

Her balled up fists, smashing against his chest.

How could have things changed so drastically, so quickly.

After pounding her fists repeatedly into his chest, she slumps to the ground, kneeling in the grass.

She felt the tears starting to fall down her cheeks, and for the first time in a while, she let them fall

Although, that wasn't it for Eugene, because my dad soon took my place and honestly, went a little overboard.

He stops just as Rosita starts to draw her gun on him, seeing he was getting a little carried away.

He walks to my spot in the grass, before collapsing to his knees in tears.

"I'm so sorry, Mera. I'm so so sorry." His tears flowing just as free as mine.

I sadly smile at him through my tears.

"It's okay, it's all gonna be okay. I promise"  I enveloped him in a hug as we comforted each other.

Later, I had started to think about the first time I met Eugene, he came along and told us all about his mission to deliver a cure.

We've been together ever since, living for a mission that was all a lie.
——————————————————

I honestly really like this chapter!!

Hope you enjoyed!!