You'll burn for this

Sometimes being offered tenderness feels like the very proof that you've been ruined

- Ocean Vuong

——————————————————

She walked the perimeter of the church, her gun at easy access.

When she heard leaves crush roughly behind her she whipped around and pointed her gun at the culprit. When she realized it was just Carl, she lowered her gun and slowly put it back in the holster.

"You okay?" The brunette asked, worry lacing his tone. "You tend to ask me that a lot" she replied absentmindedly, running her fingers over the wooded walls of the building. "You tend to look upset a lot." He retorted softly, scared that if he talked too loud it would upset her.

She shrugged and kept walking.
"Would you please just listen to me, I'm just trying to talk you you." He had been losing patience quickly. "I'm listening to you, just not paying attention."

"That's the same damn thin-"

"Wooah, look at this." She quickly waved the boy over, running the pads of her fingers over the messily carved words.

You'll burn for this

"Holy fuck." His eyes wide with curiosity.

"You gonna tell your dad?" She asked looking at him. She had never been this close to the boy before. She took their close proximity to examine the boy. His eyes were a beautiful bright blue, she'd always wanted blue eyes.
His hair looked oddly soft, even with dried pieces of blood stuck in some parts.
He was in all, a pretty attractive guy.

"Damn straight I am." He stated with a set jaw. Just then, she heard her father's obnoxious voice. "We hit the mother load!!"
——————————————————

Hope you enjoyed!!