Chapter 3: Unclear Hierarchies

Kongpob didn't give Arthit the room he'd claimed to want. He'd sat too close in the taxi, pressed into him in the empty lift and nearly ripped the door open when Arthit couldn't get his key in the lock fast enough. He just knew better than to tell Kongpob to calm down.

I want...

His clawed fingers pulled at Arthit's clothes until he caught on and took them off before Kongpob tore them. He helped his mate get undressed. His eagerness left a rip in his shirt sleeve and popped the button on his pants.

Naked, the first touch of skin on skin felt like he'd been branded. Kongpob's skin was on fire and he was well on his way to igniting a desire in Arthit that only he could put out. But Kongpob wasn't completely out of his senses. If he could keep his wolf in check so he didn't hurt Arthit with his fangs or claws, then he was fine.

Arthit didn't want him to be fine.

He liked Kongpob when he didn't spend so much time in his head. He wanted him in his body. Kongpob on the other hand would not be derailed no matter what method Arthit used to egg him on. His words, his thoughts and his body held no sway as Kongpob prepared him, far to carefully, and joined their bodies in a slow union that made Arthit feel like he might come apart at the seams from the emotions clawing their way up from deep inside him.

"Please...Kongpob!"

He'd used his name in many ways but this was a different kind of provocation. It worked better than he'd hoped. Not only did Kongpob throw off his caution, Arthit could feel Kongpob's teeth against his neck. The desire to have him bite was so strong he actually begged him to do it. Arching his body and raising his head to give him all the room he needed.

Kongpob's sudden withdrawal pulled them both back from the brink leaving Arthit feeling drugged; heavily limbed and mentally foggy. Yet he reached for Kongpob again. Binding them together with his hands and legs so Kongpob could only move as far as he let him.

"Kongpob!" The frustration was real.

Until he felt it. Like a whisper inside his head, not yet.

It shattered him. Every desire coalesced inside him and exploded like a nuclear reaction. Burning away everything he'd been holding on for the past few days—the past few weeks. He was with his mate. He wanted nothing else. Fighting it wasn't natural and it took its toll on him. Being with Kongpob felt like freedom. It was bliss.

Not even his curiosity about what Kongpob had meant was enough to pull him back from the euphoria his release gave him. He didn't question it. Basking in the glow of their union and how good it felt to be so deeply attuned to another being. Not yet, meant eventually and he was sure he'd remember to ask about it.

He didn't.

Their morning ritual was the same as always but this time Kongpob had him. He didn't wait until Arthit was running late, he just lied about the time.

"You're mean," he said to Kongpob when he looked up at the clock while they were having breakfast.

"And you are predictable," Kongpob said with a knowing smile, "Maybe I should set all your clocks half an hour ahead."

"Don't even think about it."

Kongpob's smile was evil but Arthit didn't believe he'd actually do anything. He still surreptitiously checked his watch then the identical one Kongpob wore. At least they were telling the same time. He was still early for work and being the first one in gave him plenty of time to get settled before everyone else came in. It also gave him the perfect excuse to leave early. He'd made plans to join Kongpob for the flag-capturing ceremony and he didn't want anything to interfere.