Chapter 5: Werewolf Fan Club

Something like that had clear ramifications, right? There had to be. 

If a werewolf intentionally revealed herself to humans, the packs, or perhaps their alpha, would have something to say about it. But who? Would Kongpob have to deal with it if he told him about it or would he find out which pack the loose-tongued werewolf belonged to and leave it up to them?

What about the other kernel of information P'John had dropped?

As far as Arthit knew werewolves were born not made. Kongpob had parents, sibling and all of them were wolves because they had been born to wolves. With all the reading he'd done, Arthit hadn't seen or heard of anything like P'John described. On the other hand, he and Kongpob had found the references and lore lacking. Insufficient to explain their experience of their bond and the things they took for granted.

Perhaps there was more out there he didn't know about. If it was true...Arthit didn't want to imagine that Kongpob was keeping a secret this big from him. It was far easier to believe P'John was confused—or just plain wrong. But Arthit couldn't shake the feeling. Especially when he remembered how Kongpob had been with him for the last few weeks.

Had he misunderstood his mate's possessive behaviour?
Was there some threat to his person that another wolf could inflict?

Arthit couldn't stop worrying. It was even harder when he had to pay attention to something he didn't care about. Time couldn't pass fast enough for his liking. Not when he had to wait for a delivery when he wanted to be somewhere else. What he thought would take an hour or two had turned into a morning of working and a lunch break at his desk even though he was the only one in the office.

He was going to kill P'John if some angry werewolf didn't get him first.

It didn't serve to dwell on it. Not when he finally convinced Bright to drive him to the beach to join Kongpob.

"Do you have to be such a slave driver? You're not the head hazer anymore," Bright complained.

"Just get there. All your drinks are on me if we're in time."

That was enough to spur Bright on. He stepped on it, staying close to the upper threshold of the speed limit like he'd been trained for this. Arthit was too thankful to care about where he got the skill. He just wanted to be there for Kongpob.

They caught the tail end of the ceremony. Watching in awe as the seniors offered themselves in service to their juniors. As Kongpob served as an example for everyone else. Arthit didn't know why it filled him with both pride and sadness but he couldn't keep his eyes off his mate until the ceremony was over.

"Help me get some beers," he asked his friends. They were more than willing.

By the time they returned, everyone was hanging around talking but Arthit couldn't see Kongpob. It took a while but he found him sitting by himself on a swing some distance from everyone else.

"Should I have come with a tissue instead of a beer?" He asked as he placed the cold tumbler against Kongpob's cheek.

"You made it. I didn't think..."

"I'm sorry I had to work. But it's a good thing I know a madman because Bright drove us like he was being chased by werewolves."

"I don't care how you got here—" Kongpob said pulling Arthit to sit next to him "—as long as you're here."

"So, you don't need a tissue?" Arthit teased.

"I need you."

That was not a joke. Arthit kissed him. Softly at first. Something about his subservience brought out the dominance in him. He wanted to stay like that forever. But Bright called them breaking the moment.