17th Chapter

"Shuhua.." I muttered. 

"Did you miss me?" she asked. 

"Of course I did!" I exclaimed as I hugged her. 

As we separated from each other, I could still she Haerin shaking with horror. Shuhua looked at her and saw how scared she was. 

"Hey, everything is going to be alright." she reassured Haerin as she went up to her. 

"We don't know that. What if I die because of this?" she asked while looking at the both of us. 

"We will make sure you don't." Shuhua said and I nodded afterwards. 

The truth was, Shuhua and I were friends for a long time. I had gone on vacation to Taiwan and saw her there. When I had to go back to Australia, we didn't really talk again but we still followed each other on Instagram and that's how I knew her and Tzuyu were friends. 

"Let's sit down." I offered to ease down the tension. 

I made three cups of coffee. My secret recipe. People can't resist it. I also put a cookie next to it as a treat. I put them on the tray and served it. Shuhua took a sip and fell inlove.

"It tastes amazing!" she said as she took a bite out of her cookie.

"Glad you liked it." I replied.

The atmosphere was quite for a bit. The both of us were enjoying the treat and drink but Haerin hadn't even touched it. Then she suddenly stood up.

"Im sorry but how can you guys stay calm while my life is in danger?" she exclaimed.

"Everything will be okay. You're in good hands." I replied.

"What about last time?" she asked.

"We weren't prepared but now we are so calm down." I said, now starting to get angry.

"Fuck this." she cursed as she got out.

I just stood there, shocked. This was the first time I had heard her curse. And It was because of me. Was she forgetting who I was? Her boss?

"Follow her." Shuhua suggested as I sighed but nodded in the end.

I went out of the house and saw she had disappeared. There was only one one spot I had in mind. There was a high chance she was there but I wasn't sure. I went to the place where we first really interacted. The place where she held me in her embrace and told me everything would be okay.

"Haerin?" I questioned. No response.

"Haerinn?" I asked again but still received no response.

I explored the place a little. It felt like deja vu. I knew I fell in love with her at this very moment and at this very place. I accepted the fact. I am in love with Kang Haerin. I want her. I need her. I then saw a girl sitting on a bench while wiping her tears so I knew it was her.

"Haerin.." I muttered as I sat next to her.

"What?" she replied coldly.

"Please don't be like this.." I said, trying to be as soft as possible.

"Like what? Actually matured and not under your spell. Not like your servant dog?" she asked as she looked at me dead in the eye. Her spark had faded.

"N-no what are y-you talking about?" I managed to stutter. It was my first time being this soft.

"Unlike you I care about me. Shuhua and you acted like nothing was wrong. What if she finds me and kills me? What if she kills the both of us?" She asked angrily.

"She won't. I'll make sure of th-"

"You couldn't make sure of that before, could you." she asked which left me speechless.

"That's what I thought." she said as she got up to walk away but just as she could leave, I held her by her wrist and pulled her close.

We stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before moving closer and closer. I didn't care if I was her boss or if she had slept with Soobin. I wanted her to be mine. Just then my phone rang which ruined everything.

"Hello?" I said after a answered the call.

"You little shit."