Chapter XIV - A Fading Memory Of The Future

Previously on Final Destination - Ohio:
The gang watches as James bleeds out in front of them. Hermes goes in for an attack on farima but then gets saved by Pele. Farima tries to shoot Hermes but both Hermes and Pele seemingly fade out of existence. He is then attacked by Hercules but once again saved by Lama who was hiding his true strength. Lama beats Hercules in an epic battle but falls on the ground exhausted.

Farima knew that they stood no chance against them. He also knew that trying to run away was futile. There was only a single option to salvage the situation but it involved risks so large that their lives were not even close to worth it. It was a device he had been working on ever since they came to Brazil but it had not been finished yet due to its complicated nature. The reason why it was so risky to use it because it played with the fabrics of space-time itself. He knew that if anything went wrong it can easily lead to the collapse of the universe or some even more catastrophic outcomes.

He knew that, yet he desperately wanted to use it. He was scared, some of his friends died, and soon he will as well. He keept telling himself that the fate of the universe is more important than them but it was a struggle.

Out of nowhere Zeus talked, which was a pleasant surprise to Farima - "Heh that was a good battle, good that we didn't interfere. Well now you will die as well.."

This sparked a bit of hope in Farima's head. It seemed like they weren't some brainless machines built to execute all orders without question. It could be possible to play with their emotions.

Well he decided to talk to the mechs and see if they can come to a senses or something. He truly was desperate - "Zeus! We are sorry for attacking you! I know an apology won't cut it so please say what is it that you want from us?! I promise we can deliver!"

Zeus answered - "All we want is you dead. Plain and simple"

Farima - "Well since we will die anyways, can you at least tell us what is the goal of your leader!?"

Zeus said - "We are in no obligation to tell you this" - as he aimed his right palm at Farima

"You are the strongest right? Is your strength ordered with that number!?" - asked Farima trying to prolong the situation.

Zeus said - "Yes, you are fairly bright aren't you. Each rank closer to 0 is about twice as strong as the last number. Which would make me around 16 times stronger than Hercules"

Farima didn't know if he can believe this but he nodded - "Well I heard you came from Ohio to Brazil. Why is that? I highly doubt Brazil has something you would be interested that doesn't exist in Ohio."

Zeus - "Oh you poor thing. You don't know anything do you?"

Farima was intrigued by this. What could they be looking for?

Hades in a very deep voice - "We should finish this qui-" - Zeus stopped him in the middle of the sentence - "Quiet while I talk" - Hades complied

Zeus continued - "Let me ask you this. Why do you think Brazil even is the most dangerous place after Ohio?"

Farima was stunned by this. He never thought about it - "W-why?"

"heh" - laughed Zeus - "You were sent by that old man right? He didn't tell you much as I expected."

"He knows about the old man?" - Farima talked to himself. He was completely shocked now. What did the old man know?

Zeus continued - "That man got his hands on one of the 7 sacred artifacts of Ohio, and he brought it to Brazil. Ever since then, 500 years ago, the power of that artifact has been influencing the wildlife and the land itself around it. That is why Brazil is in its current form."