Chapter XVIII - Battle of titans

Previously on Final destination - Ohio:
The gang fights their way through the underground jungle towards the "star" which turns out to be a white crystal. Upon touching it a bright flash occurs and leaves the gang unconscious. After waking up they realize that they can clearly see even in pitch black darkness. But Farima also finds out he has a new power. Be is now able to control Gravitons, which are quantum particles (bosons) which transfer gravity between objects. But then they hear a familiar voice behind them. It turns out to be the geezer, the so called "Avatar". Everyone gets ready for battle.

The geezer makes the first move. He rushes in lightning fast and kicked... The air? But the problem wasn't the kick itself. The ground beneath his legs moved with the strike forming a deadly spike. James easily destroyed it by extending his beard but the geezer was swift. He moved with the flow landing on his right leg (the one he kicked with) and carrying on the momentum with his left leg creating an even bigger impact. Again the stone moved and James destroyed it again although he got pushed back this time.

James taunted the old man - "Is that all you have? Come on man, come at us full force!"

The man smiled, and then he fell through the ground literally and disappeared without a trace.

Farima anticipated the next attack so with his new power he curved the gravitons in a way to make everyone float in to the air. And sure enough the ground underneath them collapsed just as they floated up. And out came the geezer - "oh hohoi how nice of you to bunch up like that!" - and then he started blowing fire out of his mouth. The amount and intensity was far bigger than any of the elemental animals they have encountered so far.

Farima was quick to act though. Now he curved the gravitons to make everyone go out in a circle, thus dodging the fire.

Everyone landed upright leaving the geezer in the middle.

Now Orango knew that both he and Cifer would not only be useless in this fight, but they would only actively hurt the gang if they had to be protected. So he pulled out an invisibility potion and cracked it under their feet. The mist enveloped them but something wasn't quite right. Orango looked at his hand which was still visible.

He then looked at Cifer who was also visible. It looked like the potion had no effect.

The geezer 'seeing' this laughed - "HAHAHa, ya still don't understand what is happening yet??"

Farima gave him a proposition - "Well if your smartass explains it we might spare you!"

But the geezer wasn't phased - "Heh aight then, if you manage to defeat me I will tell you everything!" - as he launched another attack.

Stalactites from the cave ceiling started bombarding the gang from above. This attack was pretty easy to avoid even for Orango and Cifer, especially with their "night vision".

But that was just a diversion.

The geezer used air bending to boost himself at incredible speed towards Farima.

But before the geezer got a hit, a scream could be heard - "DA BIGGEST BIRD!!!" - As Pablo launched himself. He intercepted the geezer's strike and saved Farima. They flew into the cave wall and caused the entire area to shake.

As the dust settled, Pablo came out of the hole in the wall and warned everyone - "The grandpa disappeared!"

This was exactly the same setup as when the geezer crumbled the ground beneath them, only this time Farima couldn't do much as they were all spread out. So instead he screamed - "Watch ya feet!"

But the geezer wasn't gonna use the same attack as last time. Instead he brought out his ace. The ground started to shake, rocks fell from the sky. It was a huge earthquake, far stronger than even the one they witnessed in Ohio.