| 10 |

Oliver's leg bounced nervously as he bit his thumbnail, watching Ms. Flemming hand out the test they'd done a few days prior. He was ashamed to admit that he hadn't studied half as much as he'd originally wanted. Every time he sat down to study, something new about Scott's werewolf situation needed his attention desperately and he'd tell himself he'd do it the next day instead. But he never caught a break long enough to actually get something done.

His test was handed to him, and instantly a small groan of disappointment left his lips. He allowed his head to fall against the desktop with a small thud, some of his classmates sending him strange looks.

Lydia, who was seated behind that particular morning, raised her eyebrows. She poked him with her pen, earning a small grunt in acknowledgment. "Hey, what's wrong?" she inquired, her own test lying in front of her with a huge red A in the corner. Oliver lifted his paper far enough for her to be able to peak over his shoulder, a grimace forming on her face at the sight.

At the top right corner of his paper was a big C- minus written along with the words 'See me after class'.

Oliver glanced over his shoulder, dropping his head back onto his desk upon noticing the look on her face. "I'm gonna get kicked off the lacrosse team," he whined before his eyes widened as he gasped. "Or worse, repeat sophomore year! I'm a failure."

Lydia rolled her eyes at his dramatic behavior. "It's not that bad." she tried to reassure him, only earning herself another groan from him.

"Ms. Flemming's already called Sofía twice this term about me repeating sophomore year if I didn't better my grades by the winter formal," he revealed, sitting up properly again and actually meeting her eyes as he spoke. "If I can't figure out a way to get at least a B by the next test, I'm screwed."

Lydia furrowed her brows for a few seconds, looking at him, deep in thought. "What are you doing this Saturday?"

Her question made his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Nothing really." Oliver paused for a second. "Well, technically it's Disney Saturday, but that's more toward the evening. So yeah, nothing. Why?"

The strawberry blonde allowed an amused smile to form on her lips. "Disney Saturday? What's that?" she asked, making him laugh nervously.

"Uh, Saturdays are the only day of the week that Sofía gets off work early so we have like a Disney marathon every weekend as a way to spend time together," he explained eagerly. "We all get to choose one movie each to watch. Gabbi almost always picks Tangled, Sofía couldn't go a week without Beauty and the Beast and I'm a sucker for Frozen."

"A sucker for Frozen, huh? Does that mean that you've memorized the whole thing or-?"

Oliver's cheeks turned bright pink as she scoffed, shaking his head. "Pfft, nooo." he squeaked, making Lydia snicker.

"Okay, this Saturday, around Lunch time, I'll come to your house and help you study. Is that alright with you and your sister?" she asked him, her demeanor once again serious.

Oliver nodded slowly, a smile of disbelief forming on his face. "Uh, yeah, I doubt they'd mind. Are you sure, though? I'm sure you have a ton of your own stuff to do." he stated, but Lydia only waved him off nonchalantly.

"It's fine, don't worry. My shopping spree can wait." she smiled before forcing her eyes away from him, focusing on the lesson again.

Oliver leaned back in his seat, grinning goofily as he bent his head over the back of the chair to look at her. "Thank you." he sang in a whisper.

Lydia smiled in amusement at his upside-down face, pushing his chair back with her foot. "Sit properly and listen." she deadpanned.

The Pérez boy allowed his seat to fall forward, sitting up in his seat with a grin. "Yes, ma'am."