Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Mizail

Once I had dropped Nuri off at her home, I quickly made my way to my house. I needed to get home and release this pent up frustration of being near my mate while not being able to show her my love. I was just a fool head over heels for my mate. Was this what it was like? Wasn't I moving too fast to consider that? So many thoughts burned through my mind as I washed off today's events. Taking a quick second to pause the thoughts on my mate, I sent an urgent thought to Ahmaer.

The two guards on duty near the entrance. Handle them. They've insulted Nuri and Lilium. I quickly sent it out as the warm water slid down my wings. I could faintly smell Nuri's lovely scent on me as I took care to not completely wash it away.

Discreet or not? Was all he sent back as I smiled.

Not discreet. We'll have to make an example out of them. If I didn't make an example out of them, Dralnith and his brainwashed group will do anything to make my mate not feel welcomed. Not waiting for Ahmaer's reply, I dried off before heading over to my bed. All need to release my frustration had dimmed in the shower. Now, I just wanted to eliminate everybody who would give my mate trouble. Sighing, l laid in my bed with no clothes on while staring up at my ceiling. I won't be able to sleep tonight. I sighed while pulling the warm blankets over my body as the moonlight flooded my room through the large window. It didn't take long before I passed out without knowing.

When I finally came to, it was to the sound of pounding on my front door. Groggily stumbling out of my bed, I stretched before throwing on some pants. By the time I got to my door, the knocks had quieted down. Pulling it open, I was met by Azora who happily smiled up at me. Goddesses, not this ficos again. "What do you want?" I groaned while standing in my doorway so she couldn't just barge into my home like she loved to do.

"I'm here for you, my mate. We must get prepared for mating season." She smiled as I frowned down at this delusional dragon. She was off her rockers. "Here, let me come inside and make you some lunch. You must've been tired from dealing with those humans yesterday." She frowned while trying to push her way past me as I stood my ground.

"It's time for lunch? Hmm, I must have slept in today." I mumbled while looking off towards Nuri's hut. I couldn't quite see her house but I could usually see a flash of color crossing through the paths quicker than anybody. "Why are you here again?" I questioned while looking back down at Azora as she huffed in frustration. "What we did that one time wasn't mating. You should be glad that I'm not punishing you for what you did out of respect for your gorno. Now, get out of my sight before I forget who you are." I warned as she looked around for a few seconds before glancing back at me and smiling. Without another word, she left my front porch before disappearing amongst the huts on the inside of the mountain.

"Seems like you're having a fun start to the day." Ahmaer called while walking over to me as I huffed at him. "I see she's still after you, huh?" He questioned as I groaned while stepping into my house as he followed. "Would you like to eat first before I give you the news of your orders or would you rather I wait?" I groaned again while leading us towards the spacious living room where I plopped down on the large sofa before spreading out my wings.

"Don't mind me. Have you had lunch yet, Ahmaer?" I hummed while leaning my head back and closing my eyes. I wish I could sleep some more but I had duties to attend to. When I didn't hear him, I opened my eyes and looked across at him as he smiled at me.

"My Adai and I had some lunch together. We stayed in late today as well so you're fine." This stoic guy was smiling and gushing as I couldn't help but to smile at him. He was truly in love with his mate. A kind and quiet dragon who Azora thought she could pick on just because of how close all three of us were. "Anyway, those two guards have squealed and it seems like Dralnith has persuaded a good amount of the tribe to join his side. The Elders aren't doing anything because of Azora's gorno, so I'm suspicious that Azora and Dralnith might be working together. Maybe they're mates." He shrugged from the sofa across from me as I shook my head.