Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Mizail

Staring off out the window, I smiled at the current outcome. The sandstorms had come to a halt and now the desert was back to its current state. The two suns in the sky had long since fallen and now the moon was out and at its brightest. Soon, Kaisen will be here to trade with my tribe and soon my mate will meet one of my buddies. Smiling, I hurried out of my house and further into town as the guards let me know that they sensed Kaisen near. It didn't take me long to get to my mate's house as I swooped down in front of her door before knocking.

"Hello, Mizail." She greeted me once she pulled the door open as we stared at each other. She was dressed in her performance clothes as usual. The red silky pants that puffed out around her small delicate ankles seemed to be her favorite. She also explained to me that the short shirt she wore was something called a bralette that she had little gold intricates decorating the hems of. She was even wearing her necklace that glowed a warm red in the light of the tribe. Ever since I saw her perform last week, I never missed a day of her performance. And since then, we've been kind of quiet towards each other but it never felt weird. It felt comfortable yet it also seemed as if Nuri wanted to say something to me but she hesitated.

"Hello, Nuri. I know it's late but I'd like to introduce you to somebody from another tribe. He just arrived." I smiled down at her as she nodded before closing the door of her house. That's when I noticed her hair and skin. Tonight, she had braided her long hair into one giant braid and laced it through with thin red silks that she called ribbons. It seemed as if the ladies and the kids had painted her with red and yellow patterns, mimicking our tribal markings. It looked beautiful with her skin tone. As I led the way down the path, one of the guards let something slip through their collective thoughts.

Great, another human. Like we didn't have enough work with the first one. That thought echoed through followed by a slew of curses before the blind was back over his thoughts. Just who did these guards think they were? I growled as I noticed Nuri looking up at me. "Are you okay?" She questioned as I slowly blew out the smoke that was brewing in me before smiling down at her.

"I'm okay. Just be careful around any of the guards and let me know if somebody causes you any trouble." I warned as she gave me this look before fiddling with her hands. "Is something wrong?" I inquired as the tip of her ears seemed like they were burning red. I've never seen her this shy before.

"I was just wondering if I could ho-" Before she could even finish her sentence, she took off running in the direction of the entrance as I watched her tackle a much taller human that was next to Kaisen. He seemed just as surprised at my mate's speed before he looked around, his green eyes locking with mine. I smiled and waved to him just as Nuri helped up the other human. It was another female but she was taller than my mate with shorter hair and darker skin. As I grew closer towards them, the guards greeted me as I glared at them. They were part of Dralnith's crew but they had courage to be standing in front of me. I turned my attention back to my mate, Kaisen and the new human. It was obvious that she was Kaisen's mate by the look he kept giving her.

"Kaisen! It's great to see you again!" I greeted while pushing my angry thoughts to the side. I'll deal with the guards later. I looked between my buddy and his mate, noting how they did in fact look good together before my eyes landed on my beautiful mate who held my gaze. What was she trying to ask me earlier? As that thought popped into my head, she looked away from me while her ears burned red again. "You also have a human mate too?" I questioned as my eyes never left Nuri before she pulled the human off towards her home. She had apparently grabbed her right arm that was missing her elbow down.

"Kaisen, I'm taking your mate." Nuri called over her shoulder as Kaisen's mate looked back at him while smiling and waving. Looking between our mates and my buddy, I looked at him with surprise on my face. He questioned me on my expression as I smiled and clasped his shoulder.