turn off the phone

— ☆

dodging tom's never-ending flirts has become my superpower. he continuously made pretty obvious jokes and gave nasty hints, which caused something i had forgotten to remember - the groupies going insane.

suddenly, a vast majority of the girls in my school started giving me nasty looks, throwing sharp words at me and even pushing me if they got the chance. i was walking out of english and i bumped into nicole waiting outside the classroom door. finally someone that i can talk to! my face instantly lit up and i made my way towards her, asking what's up. she looked at me coldly and rolled her eyes, before pushing me to go to tom, who was behind me. 'hey, what the fuck?' i asked her, obviously pissed off. 'your little plan trying to snatch tom all for yourself didn't work', i could see a devilish smile spread across tom's face, 'did you really think you'd manipulate me?' i furrowed my brows, shocked at what she was saying. 'who's manipulating who? you said it yourself you weren't content', i replied coldly. 'yeah so? don't act like you didn't contradict yourself too bitch, i know you fucked', it took me every ounce of my willpower to not punch her right then and there, 'you think you're so sleek but you have no idea who you're fucking with', was the last thing i heard before the sound of notifications flooded the entire hallway. everyone glued their eyes to their screens, either laughing or fuming at the sight. i pull out my phone, terror slowly creeping into my chest.

i saw a picture of me and tom from the party, all close and personal with each other, captioned 'selfish groupie whore' posted on instagram. i felt shame wash over me instantly. nicole watched me break down, smiling in glory. my phone was already blowing up with dms from tom's psycho fangirls. the picture quickly gained attention, faster than i could react. i looked at tom, absolutely baffled at his lack of reaction towards what was happening. soon enough, a random girl passed me by and dumped her drink all over me, muffling a mocking 'oops'. i grabbed her arm, and she tried to push me away, causing me to shove her. she slapped me and i lost my grip on her. i felt so much shame and anger that my view blackened and before i could stop myself, i punched her in the face. fuck.

☆ —

'i have to at least give you detention for the entire week, miss l/n', the principal gave me an empathetic look, 'you're one of our best students, but this new antourage you've got isn't doing you any good. i'd suggest you keep that in mind. don't trade your future for something that's passing' something in his words stuck to my brain and it was all i could hear from then on. this girl's parents wanted to press charges against me but they had dropped the idea once i formally apologized to them in the principal's office. all i could do was look down, deeply ashamed by my impulsive actions.

— ☆ tom's pov.

when the principal came after y/n i knew i must find a quick way to talk to her. i had no idea nicole's jealousy episode would escalate into that, and normally i wouldn't care, but there was this annoying bundle of anxiety and care growing in my chest when i saw the look on y/n's face. i felt so frustrated at myself for not understanding why that happened, but what i did understand was that i needed to see her. now.

i stood by the principal office's door, listening closely. the moment i heard 'detention', i knew what i had to do. i went into my next class and randomly swore at the teacher when she asked me a question. the words she said before kicking me out brought relief and satisfaction to me instantly - 'detention after class. you're free to go calm down'.

i stared at the clock on the wall waiting for the classes to end. i was familiar to detention, but it never made me feel this nervous and excited at the same time. i could feel the built up tension rise within me as the bell rang. i walked into the empty classroom and attempted to sit down, but i couldn't stay still. so i wondered around waiting for y/n. my head was swarming with thoughts and my palms were getting sweaty. she entered the door and instantly looked down at the sight of me. she sat down quietly, not even acknowledging my presence. that pissed me off, 'not even a hello?', i said, instantly regretting it. 'hello?!' she mumbled, 'you want me to say fucking hello?', she turned around and her eyes pierced right through me, 'i'm getting death  threats because of you and you want me to say hello?', her voice was raised, but broke down quickly as she started crying. i felt paralyzed. i didn't know what to do, but there was this unfamiliar sharp pain in my chest getting more and more intense. 'y/n, i-' i rushed to her and took her in my arms, 'i'm so sorry', the words came right out of me, so naturally that it scared me. she buried her face in my chest and continued to cry in silence, 'i'm so so sorry, i promise you i'll fix this. i'll get you out of it, i promise', more words spilled out of me and i felt like i was about to cry too. 'please let me fix this, please y/n', i held onto her tightly, not wanting her to go away. i spiraled down into saying the same things over and over again, panicked, until she finally pulled herself away from me. her head hung low and she didn't look at me once. she took her bag and left the classroom, leaving it feeling even emptier than at first.

☆ —

breaking news : tokio hotel's tom kaulitz rumored new girlfriend?!

the headlines were driving me insane. every mean comment, every threat aimed at her made the pain in my chest grow bigger and bigger. me, bill and emma all tried to get in touch with y/n but her phone was shut down.

i was in my room, trying to think of a way to fix this. one cigarette after the other, but still no idea. the easiest way out would be shutting down the rumors by saying she was just a one-night-stand, but i couldn't bring myself to do it. something about it felt awfully wrong. i groaned in annoyance, throwing my lighter at the wall. at this point, i kid you not, i was waiting  for some sort of divine sign to guide me. and that's when the doorbell rang...

— ☆

a/n: thank you so much for 100 reads!!!! i was so happy to see that, you guys really made my day <33