3. Press Charges

Another long chapter. I tried to make ot shorter, but I couldn't help it lol

---

Amari's P.O.V.

Two weeks later...

"Girl, did you know that Eminem and them are doing a performance that's part of their Up And Smoke Tour?" Tonya signs to me excitedly, gesturing. "Like, right here!!" She points to where we are at, looking way too happy about this whole thing.

I sigh and roll my eyes.

Apparently, Eminem is going to be performing at the venue Tonya, myself and Stephanie all work at. You see, that's how it was so easy for us to score invitations for that exclusive Tim Westwood Party that happened to be held in our hometown. Because we all work as stage hands at a local club where a lot of famous people get to perform. We quite often get to go to those kinds of events. So that makes this job kind of fun. Other than that though, it's pretty tedious. I mean, arranging stuff, making sure it's all up to par and in formation, then clean up after the acts after, I'm not exactly fond of it, but hey, it's an honest living. And I've been saving money, trying to save up enough to one day take over this center for deaf kids i currently volunteer at in my after work hours.

I just want for like, other kids like myself, especially the ones that were not necessarily born this way but suddenly became this way die to a twist of fate, to have a safe place to go to where they would be treated with respect and don't have to deal with people judging them or pitying them or both. They just need somebody that understands.

Like, I remember waking up at the hospital that day, after the car crash. It had felt so weird, not being able to hear all of a sudden. And I had been angry for so long and I refused to accept it. I remember resisting to learn the sign language for the longest, thinking that somehow, me not learning it would make me hear again.

Tonya had helped me a lot back then though. We've been friends already. She came to visit me every day, made her parents bring her no matter what, and she even started to learn to sign right along with me. That's why she can do it so well now. And she was truly my rock and right now, I just want to be a rock for other kids like myself. Because sometimes things just happen, one simple event can change your life forever, and I want to be there to make a difference and help. That's the only dream that I have.

"So what, girl?" I now sign to Tonya. "I really do not care."

Tonya knows all about my ordeal with Marshall that night.

Hell, she even had an ordeal of her own, apparently. Her and Stephanie, they had both ended up spending time with other members of his group D12, Proof and Denaun. I forgot which one of them had been with whom though.

She thinks it was hilarious how I couldn't even remember having sex with Eminem. Hell, I do too, even if I've been mostly lying about that. Because by now, I do remember a lot. God help me. I don't know if it was all of the drugs we were both on or what, but we like... we went crazy on each other that night. I'm honestly surprised I'm still alive.

"Welp, you better start caring cause I've got us the passes for their After Party later on tonight," Tonya now signs to me.

I roll my eyes.

And so does Stephanie who now jumps in between the two of us, widening her eyes.

"Ugh, I am seriously so tired of you two always doing this signing shit around here all the time," she says, angrily narrowing her eyes at me. "Like seriously, you two do understand that I can't understand shit you two are saying to each other this way and that's very impolite!!"