27. Stay With Me

Marshall's P.O.V.

Thirty goddamn minutes.

That's all I'm giving myself.

Thirty goddamn fucking minutes to comfort my girl.

Thirty minutes to help Amari inside of the bathtub in the Penthouse, make the water just the perfect temperature for her. Put some oils in there for her, then stand outside of the bathroom by the door cause frankly, I ain't think she would even want a man, any man near her right now after what has just happened to her.

I push that thought out of my mind. For now.

Cause I can't think about that right now or Imma lose it.

I'll lose all control and I'll go crazy.

"You okay, baby?" I'm asking her, doing my best to keep my voice calm. Gentle. Not allowing the fact that my blood is boiling and all I see is red to bleed into it.

She don't need that.

She's been through enough.

"Yes, Marshall. Just please," her voice comes out small and timid. Weak sounding. I ball my hands into fists and stand with my back to her.

Hearing the water in the tub splash as she's standing up after some time.

"Please what, baby?" I ask her.

She's not answering me.

Her feet splashing water against the bathroom tiles, she's making her way presumably to where her small pink bathrobe hangs on the door, pulling it over her body.

She walks around me slowly, planting herself to stand right in front of me and I see that I was right. She did put that pink robe on.

"You good, baby?" I'm asking her dumbly.

I'm fully aware how stupid that question sounds, considering.

"I... yeah..." she replies back, barely looking at me.

Fuck...

I truly don't know what to do right now. I've never felt this powerless before. I want to take all of her pain away but u don't know how.

"Okay, good," I say awkwardly. I ain't never been good at comforting people. Not even my own damn girl.

I run my fingers down her cheek. I'm leaning in and kissing the top of her head, cupping her face in between my hands.

"I'll be right back, aight?" I tell her, then in making my way for the door.

"No, Marshall, wait!!" She runs behind me. There's a pleading edge to her voice.

Fuck...

"Where are you about to go, what are you about to do?!" She's asking me desperately, looking up at me and grabbing the front of my shirt, bunching the material up in between her fingers.

I feel anger rise up inside of me.

Not necessarily at her cause she ain't done shit wrong.

Still. I'm pissed.

"I think ya already know," I state emotionlessly, pushing the rage inside me that I feel back for her sake.

Cause to keep it one hundred, she shouldn't even be asking me that.

Cause what she thinks I'm about to do?

That cocksucker touched her.

He fucking violated her.

There's only one thing for me to do.

I'm about to take him apart limb by limb.

I'm about to murder him slowly.