Haphephobia

Error stared off into the distance, his mind full of nothing but the voices saying kind things. He never knew why Fate and Destiny didn't tell him if he can or can't tell anyone about the balance.

They didn't do anything when he told it to the gang so he figured he might be able to tell Ink.

Speaking of, Ink had asked why he can't tell him. He started rethinking everytime he told someone other than nightmares gang, and their reactions were not the best really.

He decided to shut himself up about it. He curled his tail around himself as his ears went down a bit.

"Why do you have ears and a tail anyway?"
Ink asked, breaking Error out of his thoughts.

"I døñ't kñów. Í júšt wók3 úp wíth thém."
He answered truthfully.

***Ink's POV***

"Hmm..."
I said, looking straight at him for a moment before looking away. Either he's lying and planning something, or I'm just too paranoid.

He's the Destroyer of worlds for Asgore's sake! How am I supposed to feel comfortable speaking to him as a Protector of words?!?!

I looked back to him only to see a peaceful cat-like skeleton. That was
... chained up.

I noticed him staring blankly at the restrains a bit, almost glaring at them. I wondered why? Well, other than the reason that they restrain him from making a portal and leaving right here right now.

"Íf yøúr íñt3ñt trúly ís júšt hélp , wh3ñ wíll î 4blè l3ávé?"
He asked glaring at me, waiting for an answer.

"Till I find out why you destroy or if you stop destroying."
I said.

"W3ll gúésš íll st4yiñg hére før th3 rešt 0f entírñîty."
He said, laying down on the bed and spreading his arms out. I noticed that he didn't even try to touch me during that but just shrugged it off as paranoia.

Jeez, this guy sounds more like a lack-of-self-care skeleton than a destroyer of worlds. If he did care for himself, he would've told me his reasonings already.

I realized he was wagging his tail more. If I remember correctly, cats do that in a sign of wanting to be alone. Should I?

... Probably, yeah. I just stood up, unlocked the door and left after locking it. Was it my brightest moment to leave a god of destruction and killer of thousands alone? Definitely not. Was it better than being attacked? Yes.

***Nightmare's POV***

Error was definitely running late and I got a bit nervous. I kept checking the clock and it was past the time he was supposed to come.

I looked through the multiverse to try and find where he was. For some reason, I found him in Dreamtale. That's where the Skittle shits are.

I called the gang and they all sat on the couch.

"We have a huge problem regarding Error's safety."
I said, worry covering my tone.

"Which is?"
Dust asked, concern lacing his voice.

"I have felt Error's negative emotions from the star shits base, which cannot be good in any way."
I answered.

"So what.. do we... Do?"
Horror asked from the floor. Since when did he get there?

"I say we just pull him out and problem fixed. If there's guards they're on the outside of his room or whatever. We can just pinpoint his exact location and open a portal for him."
Killer said, grinning while swinging his knife.

"... That might be the only good thing Ive heard come out of your mouth today. Alright boys, let's go."
I said, not expecting a smart response.

***Error's POV***

I was starting to fall asleep before I heard a portal swirl into existence. I jumped up to see a black and blue gooey portal Infront of me.

Before I could react, a tentacle came out of it and reached for me. I did Yelp but I didn't struggle. I watched as another tentacle came and broke the restraints. I came through the portal and into Night's mansion.

"Tøók y4ll a whîl3."
I said, seating myself on the couch and curling my tail around myself.

"Jeez. Not even a thanks?"
Dust asked.

"Yeah y3a."
I said, waving him off.

"What's with the whole ears and tail thing?"
Nightmare asked.

"Duñno. I júst wøk3 úp wîth ít."
I said, exhaustion clear in my voice.

"Do you think you have enough magic? You sound exhausted through all that static."
Cross asked.

"Y3š, I ám. Í swèar, thøs3 restræíñts wére m4dé t0 kíll."
I answered.

"Maybe they were, who knows what those shits would pull to get rid of us."
Nightmare said, sitting next to me.

Last thing I remember was Nightmare curling his tentacle around me and making me fall asleep. I don't mind him touching me since all that goop is like clothing.

I fell into a dreamless sleep. Dream tok away all of my dreams, not my positivity tho. It'd be stupid to do since he literally feeds off of it.

I did learn from Nightmare how to seal them during battles and I'm very grateful for that.

Every God has a dreamscape tho. I usually go there since I know damn well I don't wanna be in a black assed void. Nightmare always comes with me to relax.

He's actually the only reason I can sleep or even eat. He taught me how to use my magic and manipulate my mind to like food. Or even be tired.

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear walking behind me.

"H3ya Ñíght."
I say, not even bothering to turn around. I was too busy staring at the stars in my dreamscape.

But then I remember that Nightmare is taking care of the gang.

"Error?"
I hear behind me.

I snap my head at the direction of the voice and scramble up to my feet. My SOUL dropped when I see Dream standing in front of me.

I flex my fuzzy hands and I get into a defensive position while the positive guardian gets into a offensive one.

°•°•°•°•

I am out of motivation. The only thing I can rely on rn is autocorrect and it is 3am rn.
I hope no grammar Issues are in this one since my head hurts and I need sleep.

Any questions or suggestions?

Have a nice day/night! ♡

(1064 words)