Chapter 51

"What the hell is that?" Kaguya stared up dumbfounded as horrible monstrosities descended from the sky.

What had she walked into? After separating from Arisu, she'd followed her delinquent friend to see what trouble she'd courted this time. Though loath to admit it, Kaguya admired Arisu's combat abilities and loved watching her fight. She envied that kind of power, not having the guts to become a delinquent herself. Her mom would kill her if she did.

But these monsters were beyond compare, invaders from outer space lusting after the conquest of their planet! Even the Delinquent Queen of Daini Kameido couldn't handle such demons!

"You sick ****!" Kaguya smiled in amusement as Arisu kicked their lustful leader between the legs and beat him senseless.

Or not. As usual, Arisu could handle herself against any foe. Kaguya had seen her friend defeat college-aged students! Combined with Kenji Ono and his Ariake gang's help, they made quick work of the invading monsters.

"Seems I'll need to handle this myself." A floating, leather-bound figure said, disending from the heavens like a black angel of death. Kaguya gasped in horror as the demon laid out her friend and her companions with contemptible ease.

Impossible! Arisu lost? Kaguya wanted to help, anything to save her oldest friend. But, no. She was Kaguya, the worthless girl who'd starved herself to lose weight. She wasn't tough enough to lose weight through training or hard work. No, she puked her guts out to feel normal. Kaguya wasn't like Arisu, who could accomplish anything.

But a miracle happened, Kaguya watching as her friend became a divine being. She shone like the sun, casting away the darkness. The leather-bound warrior actually flinched just looking at her.

The Wicked Queen? What a cool name. Kaguya watched in awe as Arisu's incredible power defeated the once seemingly invincible monster captain. Like a coward, he vanished as the Wicked Queen's first hit landed an almost fatal blow.

Wow! The other delinquents cheered Arisu on as they celebrated her victory. Kaguya rushed to join in the revelry but stopped herself.

No, she didn't belong with them. She wasn't from their world. Kaguya was just a pathetic coward who'd done squat to help against the invaders. She slunk into a nearby dark alley, eager to return home.

Heh, punk ass losers. Kaguya jeered as the invader's ships darted back into space, fleeing the planet's new protector. Before she exited the alley, Kaguya froze as a hand gripped her shoulder from behind.

"You aren't going anywhere."

"You?" Terror stabbed into her heart, recognizing her attacker. It was the alien leader. Though bleeding from the mouth and holding his wounded gut, his grip was like iron. Despite her best efforts, his hold was unbreakable. Kaguya opened her mouth to scream for help, but the other hand clamped over her mouth.

"None of that. Forgive my impertinence, but the Slithcar Empire will need you to defeat that friend of yours. I noticed you observing the fight. The Wicked Queen is a friend of yours, isn't she?"

Kaguya wanted to scream in protest, anything to stop this creature. But it was too late, and the monster vanished with her in tow.

---

"This way!" The monster captain said, pushing her through dimly lit corridors. From their red tint, it was more like being led through a blood vestal than an alien spacecraft.

"No, please! Let me go!" But Kaguya's pleas fell on deaf ears, the passing monstrosities didn't even glance at her.

After another score of identical corridors, her captor guided her into a vast chamber. It was so bleak and dark that Kaguya feared getting swallowed up by the void. A howl of pain escaped her lips as her captor roughly threw her to the floor. She recoiled as it pulsed and undulated beneath her. Was it alive?