Cody Rhodes x gender neutral reader

(Requested by @SammieLeighhhh .First time writing a Cody one shot but I hope you guys enjoy!)

"Cody!" Y/N yelled while Cody was trying to leave. Cody turned around and looked at Y/N, "Yeah?" Cody asked. 

"You forgot your stuff!" Y/N exclaimed, grabbing Cody's hand and putting the stuff there. "Why do you always forget it?" Y/N asked while they left their hotel room.

Cody shrugged and said, "I just do." Y/N rolled their eyes and scoffed. They got into their car and started driving to the arena, having some friendly conversations.

Cody and Y/N have been best friends since Cody had been in AEW. Y/N was a commentator for AEW while Cody was an executive vice president and a wrestler. They immediately clicked and have been friends with ever since.  They both entered AEW together and re-entered WWE together. Cody was still a wrestler while Y/N was a commentator and interviewer.

"We almost died!" Cody would dramatically say, "My driving skills aren't even that bad, we both don't even have a scratch on us." Y/N laughed and smiled while they entered the arena.

They would eventually part their ways as they both needed to get ready. Cody would get his gear and enter the hair and makeup section. "Hey Val. How are you?" He asked the stylist. 

"Great! How are you?" Val asked as she started doing his hair. "Great, Y/N and I were just talking about how Y/N is a terrible driver." Cody laughed. 

"You two sure seem to get along well," Val started but Cody cut her off. "Don't even start." "But you have tell Y/N someday! You are a grown ass man." Val told him. "I know. And I promise, I will tell him. When I do, your the first person to know." Cody states, getting up out of the chair since Val was finished. "I better." Val said, almost threatening Cody. Cody shook his head and waved bye before leaving.

Cody was going against Brock tonight and after they discussed their moves, their match was up. Cody was first, while Brock was second and during Brock's entrance, Cody saw one of the commentators flirting with Y/N. It happened all the time, if one of the commentators called in sick or couldn't make it, that commentator would fill in. He hated him. If he could right now, he would shove his foot so far up his- 

DING DING DING

The match was only 13 minutes, and that stupid fucking commentator kept getting on his damn nerves. 

After raw was done, Cody thought it was a good idea to approach him and have a friendly chat with him. What could go wrong?

A lot.

Y/N would enter backstage to see a bunch of superstars and refs, even HHH himself, crowded around something. Y/N pushed themself through the crowd to see commentator that always flirts with them. Y/N would always turn him down but he would continue to flirt. It was annoying. But right now, he was on the ground with a bloody nose and a bloody mouth. 

"What happened?" Y/N asked Val who recorded it all. "Your boyfriend just beat the shit out him, that's what happened." Val responds, running her hands through her hair.

"Where is Cody now?" Y/N asked Val. "I think he's in his locker-room. Good luck." Val tells Y/N. After everything de-escalated, Y/N ran to Cody's locker-room. They tried opening the door but it was locked and when Y/N asked Cody to open the door, Cody was silent. Y/N opened their bag and got out a bobby pin. Y/N unscrewed the lock and barged in to see Cody sitting on a bench with a cut on his face.

"Jesus, Cody are you okay?" Y/N asked him while immediately sitting down on the bench with him.  "Yep, amazing in fact." Cody responded sarcastically while Y/N put a band-aid on his face. 

"Why did you fight him?" Y/N's question rang in his head. He knew why he did it, it was cause he was jealous, but was this the right time to tell Y/N?

"Alright, you're not gonna answer me." Y/N stood up and started pacing around the room. 

"I was jealous." Cody stated, his eyes just staring at the wall.

Y/N was confused. Cause if Cody was jealous of the commentator, then that would mean- oh. OH.

How blind was Y/N. How could they have not seen that Cody was into them. 

"Look, I know you don't like me that way," "Are you dumb?" Y/N asks Cody.

"I hope not." Cody says confused.  What was Y/N about to do?

"So, if your not dumb. Then why haven't been able to see that I've been in love with you for years?" Y/N asks. Cody's mouth was wide open. Y/N likes him? "You're serious?" Cody asks.

"Yes, I'm serious!" Y/N exclaims. But then Y/N did something Cody did not expect. Cody suddenly felt Y/N's lips on his. Cody immediately kissed back but after a while Y/N pulled back. 

"Why didn't we do this sooner?" Y/N asks, sitting back down next to Cody.

Cody just shrugs his shoulders before asking, "I have no idea, but can we do it again." Y/N smiles which makes Cody smile before they both lean in for a kiss.