Late breakfast

Balloons pov

"NICKEL!" I shout as I rush out of my bed. He wakes up to my voice and looks around confused, before looking at his phone and realising. It was 12:03 and we both officially missed breakfast. 

"Wha-what happened to the alarm?" nickel says, still a bit sleepy.

"I'm not sure, we might have to ask OJ for a replacement" 

I quickly take a shower and make my bed as nickel does the same, but with way less energy. 

"What time did you sleep last night?" I ask him, concerned.

"I couldnt"

Oh. 

I thought about letting him sleep for a little more, but he already almost made his bed and didn't look like he wanted to, so I dropped the thought.

Since he was not fully done making his bed, I decided to go downstairs. I entered the elevator and pressed the second last button, which leads to the lobby where we usually have breakfast. I waited as it went down, listening to the quiet elevator music in the background. 

As the doors opened I stepped out. I looked around to find paintbrush, fan and yin yang talking to each other on the couch. I decided to ask them if OJ made any announcements at breakfast this morning. Turns out he didn't, thank goodness. I walked into the kitchen and patiently waited for nickel.

Nickels pov

I come downstairs and walk into the lobby. I'm still kind of sleepy as I stayed up all night thinking about why I'm feeling this stuff towards Balloon. I should've really gotten some more sleep. I walk into the kitchen slightly hungry and I see balloon standing there. He looks up and smiles warmly. 

"Finally, you're here!"

"You waited for me?.." I ask, as I feel myself blush slightly

"Yeah of course" he replies

"Oh, thanks I.. guess" I say slowly, as I realise I'm blushing. I quickly look away from him. 

We spot two untouched plates of waffles on the counter, and we figure it's ours. We walk towards the toppings and start choosing what we want. I take the Nutella, as usual, and balloon goes towards the jam section. 

We sit down at the breakfast table with our plates. It feels a bit weird because I'm used to the table being full of the other people in the hotel, with paintbrush and fan arguing about SOMETHING, and OJ and paper talking about the hotel and flirty, sappy nonsense. Their relationship was kind of weird to me, with all that affection... eugh. But I might need a word of advice from them now... I still don't know how I feel about balloon.

I watch as Balloon eats his waffles with strawberry jam. Who eats waffles with  strawberry jam?

"Seriously balloon? Who eats strawberry jam with their waffles?" 

"Oh cmon, Nickel, it's not that bad," he says 

"It probably is too"  

"Have you tried it?" He asks

"Well- I- no but-"

Balloon takes a piece of waffle on his fork and lifts it up towards me. I look at it, then back at him. Did he not eat with that fork already... I start to blush. HARD. WHAT IS THIS FEELING?

"I-well-i uhh.."

"You don't really know until you try" balloon says.

I look at him one last time, before I give in. I bite the waffle and chew slowly. My eyes widen as the flavour of the jam reaches my tongue and ngl, it was actually amazing. The taste distracted me from the fact that we just indirectly ki- NO WAI- NOT AGAIN. 

"So..?" balloon asks

"It's only ok" I lie

"I'm not stupid, Nickel, admit it, it's great, isn't it" he smirks.

"Okayy finee, it's not as bad as i expected" I say.

"HA. see? I proved you WRONG" balloon laughs.

"HEY! Nutella is still so much better"

"Fine, I guess you got a point there" he agrees

We keep talking as we finish our breakfast. I gotta say, this is much better than being mad at balloon. I guess just like we officially missed breakfast, we are also officially friends. Well, not exactly officially... (AUTHOR NOTE: YET {AGAIN} AHAHSHAHAHA)

______________

Authors note:

HI AGAIN PPLS

669 words

Hope you enjoyed that

Have a good day/night

_____________