Meetup

Balloons pov

I watch nickel as he stares at the ceiling. He's been doing that for an hour now, tossing and turning. I wasn't watching him the whole time but every time I looked up at his bed I saw him awake and thinking. I wonder how he hasn't noticed me yet.

"Nickel?"

He jumps slightly before quickly sitting up in his bed.

"Wha- yeah?"

"Are you ok? You've been awake for an hour now"

He looks kinda nervous.

"Yeah, yeah I'm ok. Just thinking"

I look at the time on my phone, and it's almost time for breakfast.

"It's almost time for breakfast, we should go down now"

He gets up and we exit the room. We talk a bit as we go down the stairs.

"Hey uhh, balloon?" He suddenly asks

"Right here" 

"Sorry for a-asking you to carry me last night. I- j-"

I giggle at how flustered he becomes while saying that. He looks at me, slightly confused, but blushing crazy.

"Why are you so nervous? You don't have to apologise, it's fine" I say laughing. He sighs in relief.

"But nickel, I didn't know you could be so * heh * soft". I elbow him playfully.

"Shut up..." he says, sounding annoyed, but I could hear his smile.

"You gotta use your 'other half' some more hehe. It's better than the sarcasm"

"You're never gonna see that 'other half'' again." 

"Gee, I only hope THAT was sarcasm." I reply to his statement, smirking.

We both laugh as we reach the lobby.

-Timeskip to after breakfast-

Nickel and I both head back to our room and he goes on his phone. Suddenly I get a call. When I see it's from suitcase I pick it up quicker than fan runs when he sees drama. Nickel notices I'm on call and puts his earphones in to signal that he's not listening. 

"Hey suits"

"Balloon, hi, could we meet up in half an hour?"

My body fills with excitement. I haven't seen her for so long!

"Sure, where?" I say.

"At the entrance of the orchard"

I nod, but then realise she can't see me, so I say "sure". Nickel sees me and raises an eyebrow. 

"Oh shut up" I say jokingly, but then I realise HE CAN'T HEAR ME cuz his earphones are still in. So I roll my eyes, smiling uncontrollably.

"Are you talking to me?" Suitcase's voice says from the phone. I realise she's still on call.

"Nononono sorry, I was talking to nickel"

"Oh, alright then. See ya!" After her voice, a beep follows, signalling that the call was over. Nickel takes his earphones out and looks at me smirking.

"Whoever you were talking to must really appreciate that nod, Balloon." He says still smirking.

"You better wipe that smirk off your face before I do it for you" I say annoyed but smiling.