Forest fears

_________

A/N

OK SO I GUESS IM JUST DOING LONG CHAPTERS NOW

SO ENJOY THIS OTHER LONG CHAPTER 

ALSO TPOT 6 AND III14 ARE OUT TMMR I CANT WAITTTT

TW: slight angst? Only a little

________

Balloons pov

This morning at breakfast, fan announced that he was finally dating test tube. We all shared a laugh when she "hid" herself as a joke. She laughed with us and we all congratulated them. By afternoon it was all over fans' social media pages. It was an enlightening morning. (bro who uses the word 'enlightening' 💀)

Now it was 3pm, and there was a calm feel over the hotel. I walked outside into the forest behind the hotel, where we were all hiding the day before, watching the fantube confession. I sat down on a stray tree stump and I watched the beauty of nature. 

The deep green branches of the pine trees swayed gently in the breeze and the wild forest flies flew around delicately. There was an occasional glimmer of golden sunlight escaping through the leaves and the thing that topped the whole scene off was the petite white butterflies fluttering about. This heavily inspired me to write.

I opened my book of poems and stories and I flipped through the pages. All these poems I wrote before, some about scenery, some about my life, like some sort of diary. I stopped at one particular page where my handwriting was a mess, and some of the letters were smudged in an uneven ink circle. Tear stains. This was the poem I wrote the day I got eliminated. I didn't act all sad at the actual elimination, but I had to let it all out on this page at 3am that night. It was mostly about missing suitcase, and how I wished her best of luck in the final four. But there was a lot about nickel. How I was devastated by how we had the same room. It took me a while to forgive him, and look where we are now. We act like good friends all the time, and he's starting to make me feel... uhm-i.. uh. Why do I feel like that towards him. It's clear to me that the feeling is more than friendship... but why? 

Welp, I can't argue with my heart. 

A beam of sunlight reaches my spot. It basks me in warm light. The warmth made me feel sleepy. Before I could do anything to stop, my eyes started to shut slowly, and I got off and leaned against the tree stump for better comfort. I felt the world start to fade...

Nickels pov

I sigh as boredom took a tight hold of my day. Man, these days have been so boring recently. I wish there was something to do. I suddenly get the urge to talk to balloon. Balloon? Why balloon? Out of everything I could do my mind really picked balloon (😏😏). I call his phone to ask him where he is. But then I hear his ringtone from the nightstand (inanimate insanity invitational jingle btw). Great, he left his phone here. 

I hang up and get up to go look for him. He's obviously outside somewhere, he's always outside. I go downstairs and spot fan on the way out. I decide to ask him if he's seen balloon. It would make things easier for me anyway.

"Hey fan?"

"Hey nickel, what's up?"

"Have you seen balloon anywhere?"

Fan smirks slightly and laughs quietly. I glare at him

"Sorry, sorry heh, I saw him walking behind the hotel earlier"

"Oh, thanks" I say. But before I go outside.

"Nickel wait, may I ask why?" Fan says

"Well I-uh, i- why do you want to know?" I stammer.