It's the goddamn fight of my life.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. ╱ 2023.
twelve dancing princesses retelling

For best reading experience,
a white background with
Cochin font is recommended.

There is no safe investment.
To love at all is to be vulnerable.
──── C.S. Lewis

In manor on the jagged, toothy cliffs of the Wandering Isle, Eulalie Downing and her seven sisters live in constant mourning, and now, she is the next to die.

Once, there were twelve, but loneliness fills the grand halls now that four of the girls' lives have been cut short. Each death is more tragic than the last—the plague, a plummeting fall, a runaway, and a suicide. There are whispers throughout the surrounding villages that the family is cursed by the saints and gods.

Haunted by a series of ghostly nightmares, Eulalie becomes increasingly suspicious that her sister's deaths were no accidents. She ventures outside of the Wandering Isle to Kerch, desperate for someone who could provide answers. There, she finds herself in the Barrel, a stark contrast to her home. Eulalie stumbles into the Crow Club and face-to-face with Kaz "Dirtyhands" Brekker.

Eulalie makes a deal with Kaz and his Crows to help solve the mystery of her sister's death and disappearances before her time runs out, but Kaz has other plans.

Rich people are smart but not smarter than him. The hope of half of Eulalie's inevitable inheritance isn't a promise with the all 'maybes' and 'perhaps' she gave him. However, stealing the Downing fortune wouldn't be as easy as Kaz had thought.

Cast.
If it's all in my head, tell me now.
Taylor Swift     /    Tolerate It