Chapter 4-09

Your happy dance said it all—victory was yours.

The clock struck 11:50 on the dot when out of necessity, you glided by Abraxas' and Tom's workstation, with the intention of putting them in their place shooting a parting shot they were floored by.

"Better luck next time! Maybe you should take some pointers from me!" You were sure to drive your point home with a tongue poke, just for good measure.

They didn't bitch like two babies, thwarting your attack while making you feel as though you won. Sweet, sweet victory. Not everyone agreed with the professor that you should be awarded the Felix Felicis, having had the unfair advantage. But Slughorn discarded their groaning. You earned it fair and square.

You got your own luck potion to do whatever you wanted with it.

Use it wisely...

What was it that you wanted to succeed in the most?

Passing classes seemed too boring.
You were doing fine on most of them without the usage of an enhancer.

What about returning to Quidditch?

The freedom you longed to feel again, but you couldn't do that either. You were going to return your broom to Abraxas (or were you? You loved the broom...).

You did not like that his loyalties shifted like the winds. You couldn't trust him enough to be a true friend. He was only your friend when it suited him.

You could convince McGonagall to take you back into Gryffindor?

Even something powerful like a luck potion wouldn't be enough to make that happen. You'd have to drink the entire vial for her to go back on her rules.

Drinking it in one go was super unadvisable. You warned Rosalind about that too after giving the flask to her.

"What do you need it for?" You, (Y/N) (L/N), were generous like that, pleasing people even when they hadn't treated you with outstanding niceness.

The potion took effect before your very eyes. Rosalind's pale ones opened like she'd seen the sunlight for the first time in years, illuminating everything else in the bedroom with her hyperactiveness.

Her tight, gleeful hug was just as radiant as her sudden awakening. And it was very out-of-character. "Can't tell you! Gods, I'm so happy! Thanks! Thanks! Oh thank you so, so, so much!"

Rosalind pedaled out of your sleeping room, Eileen in pursuit, before you could even get a puzzled, "you're welcome?" past the back of your teeth.

Her having taken the first dose left you with two more portions. It seemed right to let her have a sip when she stayed by you since Potions and even had lunch with you.

Bonds were forming, trust was being built, and she was being very friendly to you. That was fishy, but you didn't catch onto the ulterior motive stench. Your nose couldn't sniff when it was going through her bed, trunk and its contents.

If you smelled anything when its lid clicked open it was freshly cut grass... Lavender... And weirdly enough... Chocolate?

You looked for anything that might give you a clue as to why she was so desperate for your luck potion that she begged you for it from the crack of dawn til the hush of dusk. Your search only paused when you thought about how betrayed you felt after Tom went through your things.

This was a lot more just. Rosalind had something to hide and your pride didn't want to make the corrolation between yourself and him even though his reasoning had been identical to yours.