Chapter 3-10

"You're back."

Tom didn't just 'break' the ice— he smashed it into a thousand icy pieces. With an easy wave of the book's cover, he threw on another 10 centimeters of frost on top.

He was holding what must have been two hours worth of reading. Gaunt's History literature, given to you by Mrs. Cole.

In case you somehow forgot, it was the one you wanted to protect him from for fear of causing pain. But now he, without any concerns for respect, invaded your privacy and snooped through your belongings while you were away.

Your question was charged with annoyance. "Why did you go through my stuff?!" You held eye contact which was admirable when you felt transparent enough for him to read every emotion on your face right then and there.

How did he do it? Understanding things that others couldn't?

Your mouth was open but the annoyance was lost between the spaces of silence. In that minute of doing nothing but looking at each other, only then you saw his wand out.

He wouldn't...

"Silencio."

Ok so he did.

The muting charm took effect and stole you of your voice. The way he so easily wielded his magic, as if it were second nature, made him passing all of his classes unsurprising.

You instinctively took a step forward, a reflexive gesture by the desire to confront him face-to-face, only to freeze when his glare was so hot it could have made a thousand phoenixes sweat.

He dared you to take back what belonged to him while simultaneously asking for what was yours. "Give me your wand."

This was your wand, your source of power and protection. It was a symbol of your independence—a token that represented you as an individual! You were not about to hand it over so easily!

He repeated himself, harsher and more impatient. "Give me your wand, (Y/N)."

You shook off his request once more. You couldn't voice your thoughts but you could demonstrate your defiance.

Instead of backing down or negotiating like any sensible person would do, Tom chose another route altogether by pronouncing a second charm. "Accio (Y/N)'s wand."

And the magic happened. Your wand came alive in your pocket. Your head snapped to the side as you felt the familiar weight of your weapon stirring, hurtling toward him in an arc with an almost spiteful velocity until it died in his outstretched palm.

And that was how he broke the boundaries you had set in place. By lording over your property rights.

This was no ordinary childish teasing. It made you nervous. It made you press your back against the door.

He wasn't impressed at your reaction
and moved his wand so that your voice tumbled out in a torrent.

"-Ididitsoyouwouldn'tbehurt!"

You felt yourself growing sadder and sadder. Even more when he looked like he didn't care about what he was doing to you.

He was too annoyed at you. "You don't get to decide what I can handle or not!" He rarely ever rose shouted so when he did, you let him. "You should have told me."

There was frustration that he expected more from you. Maybe you were projecting because you thought you heard hurt too.

Was there was something you should have done differently? You always meant well.