𝟭𝟭. 𝗠𝗶𝗮'𝘀 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 (𝗦𝗶𝘅 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀)

Mia was lying in bed. She sighed as she looked to her phone. She had been texting with Mark most of the night.

Her head was a complete mess. She had been told one of her babies were going to die. That they had a condition in which there was no cure.

She had kept it to herself. Only Esmè knew. Addison and Mark knew too. But Addison had taken over Mia's pregnancy. She wanted the young girl to be informed about everything that was going to happen.

She felt like she couldn't watch her baby die. She knew that it was going to be so hard for her. She was having twins. Only one would survive. And Mia would find it hard raising the one who survived.

Mia didn't know how Mark felt about the whole situation. He hadn't talked to her. She felt alone. She felt like she couldn't talk to him. She didn't want to upset him.

The door opened and Esmè walked in. She smiled. "Hey. I brought you a hot chocolate. Figured you could use it."

"Thanks."

Esmè sat on the bed. She looked to her. "I know you've been told something horrible. But you have your other baby."

Mia blinked back a few tears. She just nodded. She felt like no one understood.

****

Mia walked into work. Mark was there waiting for her. "Angel."

"Hey."

Mark smiled as he looked to her. "How are you? I haven't hardly slept since the ultrasound," he told her.

Mia wiped the tears from her eyes. She sighed. "I don't know. I can't think about it. One of our babies is going to die. And we have to bury our newborn," she mumbled.

Mark held her close. He knew he was trying to stay strong for Mia. But it hurt him knowing that his own child was going to die before they even had a chance to live.

"I'm always here Angel. You won't be alone through all of this," he told her.

****

"So, how's Burke doing?" Meredith asked Cristina as the interns were doing their rounds.

"I don't know."

"She doesn't know," George said as he looked back to Mia to make sure she was there.

Alex frowned as he looked over to Cristina. "He just had surgery yesterday, and you don't know how he's doing?" He asked.

Alex turned to look at Mia. He saw the look on her face. He made a point to talk to Esmè. Mia was one of his best friends.

Mia shrugged and smiled. "They're not talking."

"I thought they had made up?" Izzie asked out loud, ignoring the look Mia was giving her.

Esmè smiled. "They did. Sort of," she said as she looked to Mia. She could see she wasn't herself. "Mia. You don't have to be here today. You had some bad news the other day."

"I'm fine."

"But Cristina is still not talking to him?" Izzie asked again with a frown.

"He's not speaking to me," Cristina corrected them as she carried on walking.

Meredith looked between the two young interns. "They're not speaking to each other," she told them.

Cristina turned to look at the Meredith and Mia. "Did either of you ask Derek about Burke's hand?" She asked.

Meredith shook her head. "Nope. Derek and I are happy. We're finally in  a good place. Can we just keep it that way for a while?" She said.

Mis shrugged. "I'd ask. But I'm not getting involved in this."