𝟵. 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘀 (𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗻)

Mia smiled as Mark walked towards her. She was sitting in Joe's. Drinking a coke. "How can I help you?" She asked as she looked to him.

"I get told you're in here. So I have to check that Mia Michelle Grey isn't being hit on," Mark said. 

"Number one. Do not middle name  me. Number two, I figured that I'm genuinely not going to be hit on. I'm pregnant if you weren't aware. So no one will hit on me," she said.

Mark nodded. He knew how he was excited for Mia to have his baby.

He sat down with her and looked to her. "Buy you a drink? Non alcoholic?" He asked.

Mia grinned. She shook her head. "No. Because I know what will happen. You'll buy me drink after drink. And then I'll get drunk on sugar. And then you'll have to take me back to my sisters. Explaining to them why I'm on a sugar high."

Mark smirked as he looked to her. He sighed. "Come on Angel. Let's get you back. You're pregnant and need to rest," he told her.

Mia rolled her eyes. She groaned. "You are literally no fun whatsoever. You knocked me up. And now I cannot drink for another seven months. So thank you."

"You need to stop thanking me baby. I will get an ego."

"You already have one of those."

****

Mia sat in the locker room with Esmè and the others. They were looking at the chart in George's hands. Mia smiled. "It'll be okay Georgie."

The door opened and Meredith walked in. "Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore. Cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. That's okay. Because life is good. Life is good."

Mia looked up to Meredith. "Erm. Mer?"

Meredith frowned. "Wait. What's going on?" She asked.

Izzie looked over to them. "George's dad was admitted last night," she told Meredith.

Meredith walked over to them. She sat down with George. "Oh my god. Is he okay?"

"He's fine."

Mia shook her head and sighed. "He passed out. He hit the floor and fractured his clavicle," she told them.

"His clavicle is fine. Callie said... Callie said it's fine," George said as he looked around.

Meredith sighed. "Are those his AM labs?"

Esmè nodded. "He's complaining of severe abdominal pain," she told her sister as she took a sip of her water.

Cristina smiled. "He doesn't have peritoneal signs. That's good," she said.

Mia was about to speak just as Bailey walked in. "Has anybody seen...," she said as she saw the chart in George's hand.

He stood still. "I was just looking at it."

"Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?" Bailey said as she looked to him.

George shrugged and handed the charts back. "Sure. Fine. He's going to be fine."

"You're on scut today. You'll be distracted," Bailey told George.

"No I won't."

"Family members do not treat family members. Scut," Bailey told him.

Cristina looked to Bailey. "I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with Dr Burke this morning."

Mia scoffed. "Course you are. Cause you just do everything for Burke," she mumbled.