𝟭𝟬. 𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀 (𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗼 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗧𝗼 𝗠𝗲)

It had been a couple of weeks since Mia had found out she and Mark were having twins. It amazed her that the universe trusted her one baby. Let alone two.

Mia knew how Mark had slept with Callie. She knew that they weren't anything special. She was just pregnant with his twins.

Mia felt as though it was all too much. She wasn't prepared to have twins. Two babies. She knew she was a twin herself. But she wasn't expecting to actually be pregnant with twins.

Mia sighed as she walked downstairs. She saw Esmè there. "Hey. You okay?" Esmè asked as she looked to her.

Mia nodded. "I'm good. I'm just trying to deal with the fact I've got two babies inside of me. Two baby Sloan's. And that's... that's hard. I'm not prepared," she told her.

Esmè smiled as she took her hand. "I get you. We're twins. And you know you've got me here to help you. You're going to be okay."

Mia sighed. She took a bite of her toast. "Mark and I haven't even talked about what's going to happen when they're born. I mean... mom wasn't the best. So I don't know what the hell I'm doing," she said.

"It'll work out. I know it will."

****

Mia sat in the locker room with the other interns. She looked up as Meredith walked in. They were talking about Cristina and the fact she and Burke had covered up his hand tremor.

Izzie sighed. "Maybe she'll be on look but don't touch patrol too. At least I'll have some company," she said as she put on her white coat.

Alex nodded and spoke. "Whatever she gets, I hope it's bad. Really bad

Meredith rolled her eyes and sighed. She turned to Alex. "She made a mistake."

"A mistake? She was going to let Burke, Burke with the shaky hand operate on my father," George said.

Mia was about to speak when Cristina walked in. George said nothing as he looked to her. Cristina rolled her eyes. "Could you stop looking at me like that? It's creepy. And makes you look like you haven't been fed," she said.

Mia sighed. "Cristina, I don't think you're in a position to talk smack today. You fucked up," Bella said.

Both Izzie and Alex left the room. George behind them. Meredith turned to look at Cristina. "So how's it going?" She asked.

"How's what going?"

"You and Burke?"

Mia and Esmè looked between each other before they both left the locker room.

****

Mia saw Mark and walked over to him. She smiled. "Hey. So I've got an appointment later. To check on the twins. Would you come with? I just... I need someone there in case I'm giving news that there's triplets. That's the type of luck that I have," she said.

Mark smirked. "I would have to have super sperm for that."

"Well you jinxed me with the twins. So I wouldn't put it past the universe to throw three babies at me," Mia said.

Mark nodded and smiled. "I'll be there. Don't worry doll."

****

The interns apart from Meredith were doing their rounds on patients. They were currently in Harold O'Malley's room. George smiled as he looked to his mom. "Hi mom."

"Honey. I put out some breakfast in case you were all hungry," George's mom said.

Alex turned and smiled. "Score!"