Attempt at friendship

_____________________

Authors note:

This is my first book so it's probably not it's best. There might be some grammar mistakes and misspellings and stuff ykyk

This takes place about 2 weeks after their II2 elimination, when I figured they'd still kinda be mad at each other but ehh whatever idk

ENJOYYY

_____________________

Nickels pov

I sit up in my bed as I think about what just happened. 'Why is he being nice?' I say out loud. Did I not make it clear that I didn't want anything to do with him? Was I not already too mean to him in the past? How could he POSSIBLY want to be friends after all that... I mean, you're only nice to people when you want to be friends, right? 

And worst of all.. why do I feel like I wouldn't mind...

Balloons pov

I stand at the counter, confused. Why, every time I try to mend our friendship, it just... doesn't work. Why can't he realize I just want to fix this, apologize. I didn't even do anything wrong to make him so mad. All I did was...

3 hours earlier:

Third person pov:

Balloon was walking back into the hotel from outside. He usually went out when it was partly sunny, because there was always a soft, cool breeze that he loved. That breeze and the things that it carried always inspired him to write, sometimes stories, but mostly poems. To him it was truly calming and beautiful, and it made his ideas overflow. 

As he entered the hotel, he spotted Nickel in the kitchen. He seemed to be struggling but Balloon couldn't exactly see why, so he moved closer to watch. Nickel was balancing on two chairs, struggling to grab something from a high shelf. Balloon felt bad, even though the coin caused him a lot of pain in the past before they got eliminated, and both of them didn't really get over it yet. He really wanted to apologize and be on good terms with Nickel again, so he started helping him around the place and trying to talk to him. Although all of his efforts didn't confirm their friendship, he wasn't going to stop. The wind inspired him to get over the grudge he previously had against Nickel, and it would be nice if they became genuine friends.

He walked into the kitchen and looked up at Nickel. 

'Do you need anything?' he asked. 

'NO- i mean- well..i-'. 

'Get down from those chairs nickel, you're literally gonna fall any second' balloon exclaimed. Nickel looked at him sourly, but got down anyway.

'Tell me what you need, I'll get it for you' said Balloon. 

'You know, i could've just done it myself, right?' nickle replied. 

'Mhm, suree..' balloon said. Nickel rolled his eyes as he told balloon that he needed a plate. 

'You can ask me for whatever you need, you don't have to hide from me'. 

'I'M NOT HIDING FROM YOU?' Nickel shouted. 

'Then why don't you ever want to talk?'. 

'Wha- WHAT'S THERE TO TALK ABOUT? WE AREN'T FRIENDS?' nickel shouted back. Balloon stayed quiet for a second. 

'Well... why can't we be?'. Nickel's gaze softened, but almost immediately his facial features stiffened again. He dropped the plate on the counter and ran upstairs to their room.

Balloons pov

I just really want to be friends. It won't hurt, right? It'll benefit both of us, one less person to hate. Is it just not meant to be?

_________________

Authors note: 

576 words (why so less grrgrgrrrrr) but anyway, I just wanna know if you guys are also seeing a large space between the paragraphs and stuff. Idk how to fix it yet (first time on wattpad), so if anyone knows anything could you pls help

Thx

_________________