TWENTY-TWO

BEYONCÉ KNOWLES

"Montego Bay or Maui?"

"Mmm... which is cheaper?"

Blue and I were deciding where we should go on a family vacation but we were both extremely indecisive. She's kind of the only one who wanted to go on this family vacation so I was letting her have some creative control over the vacation.

We were laying on the couch with my laptop on my lap looking at different vacation spots, we had been in this position since we ate breakfast.

The twins went to breakfast with their dad and Giselle was God knows where doing God knows what. I get that she's grown now and I was trying to let her be grown. She doesn't tell me anything anyway.

"Money isn't a problem, I'm making your dad pay for it all. We just want y'all to have fun."

Blue looked up at me. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

She started chewing on the inside of her lip. "Is your girlfriend coming on the trip?"

My eyes got so wide they almost fell out of the socket. "Wh- what?" She caught me completely off guard.

I told Blue Onika was my friend, I don't know where she got girlfriend from. But she did walk in on us kissing, so I don't really know what I expected. She's old enough to know what she saw and extremely smart.

"Your girlfriend, Onika, I think. Is she coming with us?"

"Um..." She seemed very casual about it. "Girlfriend?"

Blue rolled her eyes. "Mama, I'm not dumb. I saw you kissing her."

"But I told you that was just my friend." Who I just so happened to be kissing.

"Why do you keep having sleepovers in your bed and kissing her then? I thought that was Gigis friend anyway."

I laughed, "Oh." She got me there. I didn't even know what to say.

She was still looking up at me with doe eyes. "So is she coming?"

"Um.. do you want her to?" It's a family trip so I wasn't even considering bringing Onika. My mom, sister, and ex are all coming on the trip and I didn't feel like explaining our relationship to them. Especially since she was already introduced to them as as Giselles friend.

She shrugged against me. "Does daddy like her?"

Both Giselle and Blue are huge daddy's girls. I can't say love that. At least the twins somewhat like me.

"Your dad doesn't really know about her. I would prefer if he didn't." I already asked her not to say anything about the kiss.

"Well... I love you so I won't say anything. Daddy has a girlfriend too so I guess it's okay."

My eyebrows furrowed. "He has a what?"

She slapped her hand over her mouth and side eyed me. "Nothing?"

"He brought a woman around you?"

She started chewing on the inside of her lip. "Uhhh.... No? Yes? I met her on accident, I couldn't sleep and he was walking her out."

I ground my teeth together and refrained from saying what I really wanted to. "What do you want for lunch today? We could go to the bakery and make Auntie Kelly cook for us?"

She gasped and her eyes widened. "Can we?! I miss her."

"Sure." I could at least go in and help Kelly and whoever was working for a couple hours, Blue loves spending time there. I can't go when I have all three of the kids but since it was just Blue it would be fine. "Go get in the shower and get dressed then we can go." She's old enough to do all that on her own.