FOUR

BEYONCÉ KNOWLES

"Giselle! Come on!"

I heard heels clicking against my hardwood floor getting closer from where I was in my kitchen.

"Im in here!" I was in my bathroom finishing my makeup before we went out.

I was kid free for the weekend so we were going to go out and get some drinks with my cousin Angie.

As much as I love my kids, I love it when they go to their dads. Everyone needs alone time.

Kelly walked into my bathroom and immediately smacked her lips. "You texted me that you were done half an hour ago."

I'm a liar. "Sorry, I'm basically done. You look good, the bob is eating."

Onika is definitely rubbing off on me. I just used eating in way that has nothing to do with consuming food.

She smiled and did a spin. "Thank you, I try." She was wearing a black leather women's suit and necklaces stacked on top of each other. Her bob brought the whole outfit together. "You look good too."

"I kind of want to change." I was wearing blue jeans and a white turtleneck but after seeing what Kelly was wearing, I wanted to change. I was completely underdressed compared to her.

"Angie's outside waiting on us, we don't have time for all that. You look good, I promise."

"I look a mess. Then I had the nerve to put my hair up knowing the neck I have."

Kelly covered her face to try and hide the fact that she was laughing. "I'm laughing because you're funny, not because it's true. I honestly think you look good, especially for where we're going."

"Whatever. I'm going to have a good time, what I'm wearing doesn't even matter." Maybe if I say it I'll believe it.

"Exactly. Your face makes up for what your outfit lacks anyway."

"Can you go into my closet and get my white coat? When you see it, you'll know it."

She left my bathroom and I went back to my makeup. She came back holding the coat I was talking about. "This one?"

"Yeah. Let me just set my face before I put on that white." Even though my shirt was white.

I finished my makeup and put the jacket on. Angie started to call Kelly so I quickly put my heels on and we left my house.

Kelly got in the passenger seat and I got in the back.

"Hey Ang. Sorry I took forever, you know how it goes."

"Mhm. You smell good."

"You too. I'm coming over to steal it." I wasn't playing either.

We talked and caught up as Angie drove but we were saving the important stuff for when we were at a table across from each other.

There was something called a wine bar that just opened up recently and they had been trying to get me to for weeks. I haven't had any free time until now but I was excited. I'm not a liquor person but I love a good glass or wine.

When we got there, we found a table and Angie pulled a chair up since there were only two chairs at the table.

I have pretty long legs and and the chair legs were pretty short but it wasn't enough for me to complain about.

We all got different glasses of wine because we had different taste. I got a glass of pinot noir.

We also ordered a charcuterie board just to snack on while we talked.