TWO

ONIKA MARAJ

Beyoncé and I have been texting for a couple days now. She's cool and all, but she texts like an old lady.

We haven't been talking day in and day out because she's always busy and busy with running a bakery and the orphanage at her house.

I was in bed and decided to call her because I was bored and it seemed more age appropriate for her.

I kind of wasn't expecting her to answer since she takes forever to respond but she did. "Hello?"

"Hey. I hope you don't mind me calling without texting you first."

"Why would you text me first?"

Hearing the confusion in her voice made me laugh a little bit. "Nevermind." It's a generational thing. "What are you doing?"

"Well I just put my little ones to sleep and now I'm on my couch with chamomile tea catching up on a show."

That's such a grown woman thing to be doing. "Mmm... what are you wearing?"

She laughed, "Please don't make me hang up."

"You better not. Pause your show so we can talk." I tried to make my voice a little sexy.

I heard the background noise stop and then she sighed. "It's paused now."

"Do you like talking on the phone better than texting?"

"It takes longer to have a conversation over text so I think talking on the phone is better, I'm more used to it."

"I'm sure. I'll start calling you then."

"You're sure? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing bae, don't worry about it." I didn't want to keep bringing up our age difference because it really wasn't that serious. "How was your day today?"

"It was good, I did one of my daughters hair today which was basically my whole day. How was yours?"

"One of? Damn, how many do you have?"

"Three."

"Damn!" It was too late for me to be yelling but damn! "What about boys?"

"Just one. He's a twin."

"And your baby daddy?" I haven't heard anything about him yet and she was at the club alone.

"Not a baby daddy, ex-husband."

"Can he fight?"

She laughed. "Yes, actually. You're also a tiny little girl, you don't need to be fighting any men anyway."

"Tiny? You're a couple inches taller than me, don't do me. But anyway, do you like women?"

I think so but I just want to be sure. She could just be trying to be my friend.

"I do."

"Does your husband know you like women? Is that why you guys didn't work out?"

"No, things just don't work out all the time."

"So you like women but do you, you know..."

"Do I what, Onika?" I could hear that was smirking from her voice.

"Eat pussy? I need a munch."

"A huh?"

"Nothing. Can you answer the question?"

"You're very forward."

"As I should be, didn't you tell me not to waste your time? I'm trying to get the important questions out the way."